Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-27-2024, 02:43 AM   #1
true_reader
true_reader began at the beginning.

Device: Meebook M7
Meebook M7 - such a pain to setup !

Hello everyone.
I would like to explain the pain here, I bought the last Meebook M7 and I was first happy with the USB, high res. screen and build quality but now facing the issues in setting up and sorry to say : it's a nightmare ! I am about to return it back because of that.

What I want to do is very simple : I have a 128 GB SD card, I have 300 epubs on it that I uploaded with Calibre and i want a simple interface with book covers, ability to search by author, series, etc. and that's it. I don't need internet, google vloud or whatsoever.

Then comes the pain.

- Meebook native library management does not populate any book in the library/read icon, you need to open the books one by one to have them fetched there. I tried to do a select all files but no option at all, it's just not possible. I have to open 300 books one by one to have them added into the library.
- Moon+ reader : first thing is that the reader is just looking very ugly with white color font and a sort of low rez grayscale. Didn't find any option again to chnage this, it is almost impossible to navigate. Finally found the place where you define folder for books, I selected SD/Document but nothing. Great. Then I went to the "Import books" ioption, sececting SD card/Document ... nothing.

Can someone please help me, other readers like pocketbook reader are so lame,.... just want something like Koreader or Kobo User interface : simple shelf with all books, I store them into my SD card with calibre and that's it.

Thank you.
true_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 05:33 AM   #2
true_reader
true_reader began at the beginning.

Device: Meebook M7
Finally found the best option : KOReader.
It is wiorking well but I am facing a ghosting issue when turning pages I still see previous page in the background.
true_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2024, 05:58 AM   #3
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Mine showed up without any issue, but I dumped them directly on Meebook. The ghosting issue try long press on koreader icon in apps, it should pop up window with optimization and there are two options for refresh. Files can be selected if you go to batch management.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote