Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #1
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Overdrive - multiple public libraries?

I have searched the fora for "Overdrive", please forgive me if I've missed the answer somewhere:

One of the things that most delighted me about my switch from Kindle Paperwhite to Clara HD was suddenly having Overdrive available. I was so excited to finally have access to a local library's ebook catalogue. Then I discovered that both local libraries I have membership cards for offer Overdrive - is there any way top access both? I looked into Libby, but it seems to be an Android app, hence presumably of little use for my Clara?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
This looks likes a fairly awkward work-around — might be more trouble than it's worth.

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...kobo-aura-one/

It might be easier to pick the library that has the best selection for your Kobo Overdrive account and then use ADE for the other library.

Last edited by rcentros; 10-11-2018 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added "looks" that I left out originally
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
This likes a fairly awkward work-around — might be more trouble than it's worth.

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...kobo-aura-one/

It might be easier to pick the library that has the best selection for your Kobo Overdrive account and then use ADE for the other library.
You had me at "fairly awkward"

Seriously, I might have a play and see if this works - REALLY dislike ADE after my few experiments with it when stuck with no Overdrive as a Kindle user. The "sync from Libby" might be another possibility too. Very grateful for the link and your suggestions, thanks again.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I agree with you on ADE. I don't use it for borrowing books, I hardly use it all since I almost exclusively use Linux without Wine. On my Tolino Page and Sony T2 I can download the book directly from Overdrive because these both have ADE "built-in" — so that's how I borrow ePub books from Overdrive.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:36 PM   #5
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Thanks, rcentros. Something very strange is going on with the two libraries I have cards for. My own local one showed up when I selected Overdrive on my Kobo and searched for libraries, but it doesn't show up when I login to Overdrive.com or on Libby. The other library I have a card for, 20 km away, does show up in both the overdrive website and Libby. Still scratching my head trying to figure out how to access both
Advert