Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-22-2017, 05:04 AM   #151
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Do you know when the next kindle will hit the market?
I think that yotaphone 3 has an huge potential. If will sell we are going to see soon tablet 8 inches double screen at least in China.

Personally for me is ideal, I love my eink reader but I get frustrated when I need to use moon+reader to browse between books( I read the Divine comedy or development books for instance and need to change continuously books) a YP3 would be fantastic, pity they do not have retro led, but in theory if the place is darker you can easily read on the lcd screen. Although not ideal for the night, the bigger screen looks as a perfect solution to me.
Regarding Liquavista, I remember there is also clearink that possibily is a better technology, although could hit ereaders in 5 years.

I feel really wronged by the fact the technology is there, I only ask for a kind of yotaphone lcd eink tablet 8 inches. Even not with clearInks but at least eink Instead the world of dumb is waiting for the samsung and nokia flexible oled.
How can human beings being so satisfied with reflective screens?
I share your frustration about the lack of tablets with two screens (a la Yotaphone). You can blame Amazon for this: they hold the patent but don't actually produce a device. I think this is why the Yota is not sold in the U.S. and Europe, can only be bought online from China. I guess this model works for phones (higher volumes), but nobody bothers with tablets if they can't put them in traditional stores in the Western hemisphere.

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #152
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My Yotaphone constantly restarts randomly. Can anybody help ? I have seriously idea why that is but its incredibly annoying
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2017, 01:15 AM   #153
RobertPS
RobertPS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DXG, PB 360 plus, Yotaphone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
My Yotaphone constantly restarts randomly. Can anybody help ? I have seriously idea why that is but its incredibly annoying
I'm no expert, but some possibilities:
- a problem with the battery connector coming loose, intermittent contact
- the battery needs to be replaced (most likely)
RobertPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:54 AM   #154
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
do you have any news about yotaphone3 ?
i was expecting to see some review or video from first chinese users at this point....
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:45 AM   #155
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Hi t., I read around that it could be a fault with some firmwares.
You should probably find a good one and reflash it
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2017, 02:07 PM   #156
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertPS View Post
I'm no expert, but some possibilities:
- a problem with the battery connector coming loose, intermittent contact
- the battery needs to be replaced (most likely)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Hi t., I read around that it could be a fault with some firmwares.
You should probably find a good one and reflash it
I just got it recently, thats why Im surprised that it's already having issues. I think the battery isnt replacable. What I realized is it happens especially often when it moves around a lot. @mdp I never flashed it in the first place, I thought only people who did upgrades experience these issues. I did however read that this restarting issue tends to happen with android
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:19 AM   #157
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
do you have any news about yotaphone3 ?
i was expecting to see some review or video from first chinese users at this point....
News.

I believe it is for sale for 533 euros on a German site cect-shop.com. There is also a 5 minute video showing the video-playing capabilities of the device, Unfortunately it only shows for a limited time, so I don’t know if there are any annoying random screen refreshes, as there apparently are on the hisense a2.

The video is here https://youtu.be/0Zrn_Bvdw94
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:32 AM   #158
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
I believe it is for sale for 533 euros on a German site cect-shop.com. [/url]
Great news.
Unfortunately, it is 533GBP.
619Euro
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:00 AM   #159
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
£479 for the 64GB model.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:14 AM   #160
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Perhaps I’m mistaken but at first glance the Eink screen looks nicer than the A2’s, which according to comments I read appears to be a reflective surface. I just hope lines don’t appear across the screen like the fault of my yota2.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:34 AM   #161
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

While the Yotaphone 3 looks splendid, I'm pleased to say that I've finally managed to update my Yotaphone 2 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow!

It all seems much smoother, and I can now run the latest Alexa app on it!
Old 12-29-2017, 04:59 AM   #162
Waiting4somethin
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
While the Yotaphone 3 looks splendid, I'm pleased to say that I've finally managed to update my Yotaphone 2 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow!

It all seems much smoother, and I can now run the latest Alexa app on it!
I wonder how long you’ve had it. I bought mine from ebay, apparently brand new from a Chinese seller, but it developed lines on the eink screen and died. I read that a lot of them do. I might try to save up for the yota3.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #163
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I wonder how long you’ve had it. I bought mine from ebay, apparently brand new from a Chinese seller, but it developed lines on the eink screen and died. I read that a lot of them do. I might try to save up for the yota3.
It sounds like you were just unlucky.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:09 AM   #164
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Lines also appeared on mine recently. Did you, by any chance, use a wireless charger? I did, and the lines appeared in the area where the charger touched the phone. Could be a coincidence, but maybe the e-ink screen doesn't like electrons flowing through it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:02 AM   #165
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Lines also appeared on mine recently. Did you, by any chance, use a wireless charger? I did, and the lines appeared in the area where the charger touched the phone. Could be a coincidence, but maybe the e-ink screen doesn't like electrons flowing through it?
I've used a wireless charger for my Yotaphone 2 since I got it well over a year ago. It's fine so far.