Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
abqkjh
Zealot
abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto e5
Column Built from other Columns question

I am a fairly unsophisticated Calibre user, and I need some help creating a custom "column built from other columns."

Column #1 is a custom "floating point number" column named AudPrice (lookup = #price).
Column #2 is the same and is named AmzPrice (lookup = #price2).

I want the new column (TotalPrice; #price3) to add these two columns together. And I need it to be able to handle it if Column #2 is empty. In other words:
If #1 = 1.99 & #2 = .99 then I want the new column to say 2.98
OR if #1 is 1.99 and #2 is empty, then I want it to say 1.99 rather than giving an error.

Can anyone give me some code I can cut & paste into the "Template" box.

Thanks
abqkjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
This Template Program Mode template does it using the raw_field and the add functions.
Code:
{:'add(raw_field('#price'), raw_field('#price2'))'}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
abqkjh
Zealot
abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto e5
Sorry for the delay in saying thanks, I just got the email notification of your response. I will give this a try.
abqkjh is offline   Reply With Quote