Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Question Kindle's USB Serial Gadget: What is it?

The Kindle came with three USB gadget drivers. g_file_storage (connecting Kindle to computer as a storage drive), g_ether (USB networking), and g_serial (no idea). I got g_serial to load by doing the following through SSH:

Code:
rmmod g_ether; mknod /dev/ttygserial c 127 0; rmmod arcotg_udc; rmmod charger; modprobe charger; modprobe arcotg_udc; modprobe g_serial use_acm=1;
(According to diags script, use_acm=1 if windows, use_acm=0 if unix/linux)
Everything has to be in one line, because only one gadget driver can be loaded at a time, loading serial will disable USB networking/storage until restart. I plugged it into my Windows machine and installed drivers with the following directions: http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Docum...get_serial.txt

Got COM3, connected with Putty, then... nothing.

Anyone got this working, and if so, what does it do (my guess is USB interface for the TTL port).
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote