Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #526
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
It certainly looks much better now. Using the latest available version, I now succeed in producing my nook catalog... on the first try.

But if I simply fire up calibre2opds again, and run all over again, it crashes. What I expected was to see calibre2opds do a bunch of work to determine that nothing has changed so there's not actually anything to do.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #527
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
But if I simply fire up calibre2opds again, and run all over again, it crashes. What I expected was to see calibre2opds do a bunch of work to determine that nothing has changed so there's not actually anything to do.
Not sure why it should be crashing - it was not doing so in my tests. An indication of where might be useful.

The second time around the generate is no faster - but the copy phases should speed up as the CRC cache can now be used to avoid copying unchanged files and this should show up in the copying statistics that are logged. However I have found that Nook mode is much slower during generate than other modes due to the overheads of generating the Trook database so the gains are not huge.

We have been wondering about keeping the Nook mode as I have heard that Trook development has been discontinued. Also Trook is not available for newer Nook systems. However the code is written, so I guess there is no urgency in removing it.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #528
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Not sure why it should be crashing - it was not doing so in my tests. An indication of where might be useful.
It seems to have been crashing because of earlier failures in processing book descriptions. Those happened because the makeInstall.sh file hadn't been updated to put all of the relevant jar files into the zip archive (exception because tidy.jar was missing). Bringing the makeInstall.sh file into synch with the makeInstall.cmd file fixes not only the early exceptions that I hadn't noticed yesterday but also the crash on generating the second time around.
Quote:
The second time around the generate is no faster - but the copy phases should speed up as the CRC cache can now be used to avoid copying unchanged files and this should show up in the copying statistics that are logged. However I have found that Nook mode is much slower during generate than other modes due to the overheads of generating the Trook database so the gains are not huge.
Skipping the copy is what I was expecting to see.
Quote:
We have been wondering about keeping the Nook mode as I have heard that Trook development has been discontinued. Also Trook is not available for newer Nook systems. However the code is written, so I guess there is no urgency in removing it.
Glad to hear it.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #529
MeMeMeMe
MeMeMeMe began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by frth View Post
I think that right word for that is summary.
So I don't understand why I cant see my books summaries. I have been updated books metadata by converting them in Calibre into the same format (FB2) and EPUB too. And tried to use functon "Save to Disk", but nothing changed. There still no summary in the book page.

Here is a link to my OPDS: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52602890/Lib...log/index.html
I am having this problem too.

I have summary length set to -1, and have tried at at 250, but when i view the site in html mode, there are no summaries at all.
(I dont have access to my ebook reader yet so cant test OPDS)
MeMeMeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #530
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMeMeMe View Post
I am having this problem too.

I have summary length set to -1, and have tried at at 250, but when i view the site in html mode, there are no summaries at all.
(I dont have access to my ebook reader yet so cant test OPDS)
What version/revision of calibre2opds are you using? There was an issue with summaries in some earlier releases of calibre2opds, but this is not a known issue with the current 3.0 (rev150) release. Note that you do not want to set the maximum length to too small a value if you want to see them.
Advert
Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #531
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Quote:
What version/revision of calibre2opds are you using? There was an issue with summaries in some earlier releases of calibre2opds, but this is not a known issue with the current 3.0 (rev150) release. Note that you do not want to set the maximum length to too small a value if you want to see them.

I just downloaded to the current v3.0 using the Mac dmg file you have up on the opds website. I was using 2.4 before. When I updated, I just copied over the new app to the applications folder and ran it. When I generate my catalog to dropbox and view my catalog using html, it looks great except there are no blurbs about the book in the details. I get:

Title
Author
Downloads
Cover
Related Catalogs
External Links

but no book summaries. I tried -1 and 99999 in the panel about summaries, but not sure if I am doing something wrong or this is a bug.

thanks for all the hard work, it sure is appreciated.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #532
itimpi
Wizard

It looks like the 3.0 (rev 150) was broken for summaries - a last minute typo and I did not spot the mistake in the output. I have uploaded a rev 151 which fixes that. Thanks for pointing that out before too many people got the bad version.

If rev 151 is not working for you, then please either PM me a link to your Dropbox library (do not post it here for everyone to see) or raise an issue on the calibre2opds Issue register so we can investigate further/

Note that the value in the GUI does not affect the length of the summary in the Book Details pane. It only affects the length of the summary displayed when getting lists of books. A value in the range 100-250 for the maximum summary length normally makes sense on those pages.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #533
Roobarb
Roobarb began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
I'm hoping that this is still the right place to ask for help (I apologise if it isn't) as I think the problem with my Calibre2opds catalogue might be caused because I'm using a pogoplug but I thought I would try here first just in case I've done something wrong.

I have my calibre library on an external hard drive mounted on a Pogoplug Pro and it works very well. However, I wanted to be able to access my library without having Calibre running so I have created a catalogue with Calibre2opds.

My problem is this, if I open up the index.html or index.xml on my laptop from the _catalog folder it works perfectly. (This folder is still stored on my plug but I'm just opening it from the P drive that it mounts as.)

When I try to access it through the web on my tablet, or by adding a catalogue to Aldiko, all I see is the front page. It lists the correct number of books but when I click a link it just refreshes to the same page, no error messages appear.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could tell me if this is likely to be an error I've made with creating the catalog or a hardware issue.

Thanks
Roobarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:15 AM   #534
itimpi
Wizard

It is not clear from your description what the problem might be, but I suspect it is something to do with the way your web server is configured. You need to have your Calibre library folder visible from the web server, and the calibre2opds catalog folder needs to be a sub-folder of that. All book and catalog files must be accessible via the web server.

If you want to PM me the URL I could see if I can spot anything obvious.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #535
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Hi,

Does anyone know what the process is to get the experimental search working in 3.0?

I get a a search.html page, but in the latest Firefox 10.0.0.2 it doesnt seem to do anything.

Cheers
EF
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #536
frth
frth began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Problem with Windows 7 64-bit and Calibre2OPDS:
After choosing install derictory I click Next and get to the blank page, there I have another Next button. Then I click that installation will freeze and nothing happen.
So I couldn't install now Calibre2OPDS
frth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #537
itimpi
Wizard

It is not clear what has gone wrong for you from your description!

I would suggest that you follow the instructions at http://calibre2opds.com/read-the-doc...d-and-install/ for starting with the ZIP file version (Platform Independent Install) and doing a manual install. That version was produced specifically for those who trouble running the automated installer for any reason so if you follow the instructions it should work with no problems.

BTW: what version are you trying to install (you posted this in the V2 thread). The current version is v3.0 (rev 151).
Old 04-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #538
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
If by any chance you spot what might be causing the error then please let me know.
I don't know how much this helps, but there's a bit of info here...

Code:
imac:Downloads gwyn$ hdid calibre2opds-3.0-151M.dmg 
There may be a problem with this disk image.  Are you sure you want to open it?
[Opening this disk image may make your computer less secure or cause other problems.]
Attach? (Y/N) y
/dev/disk3          	GUID_partition_scheme          	
/dev/disk3s1        	Apple_HFS                      	/Volumes/calibre2opds

imac:Downloads gwyn$ fsck_hfs -d /dev/disk3s1 
Unable to open block device /dev/disk3s1: Resource busyjournal_replay(/dev/disk3s1) returned 16
** /dev/rdisk3s1 (NO WRITE)
	Using cacheBlockSize=32K cacheTotalBlock=16384 cacheSize=524288K.
   Executing fsck_hfs (version diskdev_cmds-540.1~25).
** Verifying volume when it is mounted with write access.
** Checking non-journaled HFS Plus Volume.
   The volume name is calibre2opds
** Checking extents overflow file.
** Checking catalog file.
** Checking multi-linked files.
** Checking catalog hierarchy.
   Invalid directory item count
   (It should be 12 instead of 48)
   (It should be 2 instead of 3)
   (It should be 4 instead of 6)
   (It should be 12 instead of 20)
** Checking extended attributes file.
   Incorrect number of extended attributes
   (It should be 3 instead of 0)
** Checking volume bitmap.
** Checking volume information.
   Verify Status: VIStat = 0x0000, ABTStat = 0x0040 EBTStat = 0x0000
                  CBTStat = 0x0000 CatStat = 0x00004000
** The volume calibre2opds was found corrupt and needs to be repaired.
	volume type is pure HFS+ 
	primary MDB is at block 0 0x00 
	alternate MDB is at block 0 0x00 
	primary VHB is at block 2 0x02 
	alternate VHB is at block 30638 0x77ae 
	sector size = 512 0x200 
	VolumeObject flags = 0x07 
	total sectors for volume = 30640 0x77b0 
	total sectors for embedded volume = 0 0x00 
imac:Downloads gwyn$
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote