Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
QuiGonJohn
QuiGonJohn began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
Copy all books off

Hi and help, We were just given this model Sony by our parents, the acct on it is still active. However, we also bought, on our own, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. My wife will want to use the Tab more than the Sony. I know the tab supports a Sony E-Reader App.

How can I get the books off the Sony, onto a PC and then onto the Samsung Tab?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
QuiGonJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
The PRS-505 will show up as removeable media "READER" in explorer if connected via USB.
Books can be stored everywhere but most probably they are in
/database/media/books

If "the acct on it is still active" should be read that the device is already authorized to a ADOBE ADE Account, then make sure to register the reader-app for the Galaxy Tab using the same credentials (e-mail and password)

HTH
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
QuiGonJohn

Mark, I think we're talking about the same thing. Her parents bought books off Sony and all those books were paid for with an account they still have open. I did copy off that folder, some files were .lrx (which I take to mean Sony Store), others were epub, which I think means they are "open".
Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

.lrx is DRM'ed BBeB the genuine Sony format, now abandoned, and can be redownloaded as epub

epub can also be DRM-protected.

The parents Sony Account is still a Adobe ADE account,
and to my knowledge up to seven (7) devices (PC's reader, reader-apps) can be registered to one account.
As long as your parents dont bother to share their credentials with you. (You would be able to buy on their credit-card)

Otherwise google "Apprentice Alf" to get rid of DRM
Old 12-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
QuiGonJohn

So, I could use "Apprentice Alf" to get rid of any DRM. Then I could read them on our Galaxy Tab, correct? Which reader app would I then use to read them on the Galaxy with, (it is Android 3.2 Honeycomb).
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Whatever you can get out of App-Store, as long as it supports the DRM-free file-types.
e.g. Coolreader, Moonreader, aidiko, aso>
You may also check over in the androide section here at MR, or in the Sony PRS-T1 "rooted" threads
Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
I suggest Aldiko. It's an excellent app for reading books on Android.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote