Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
dabal
dabal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
adding some text to downloaded article

Hi, everyone, I've got one question, is there any possibility to add some message in footer or header of downloaded article? I can see that when i launch my recipe throught ebook-convert shell command there is text "this news was downloaded by Calibre' and link to the source, but when I add this recipe to calibre, there is no such text.

I've read on this forum that there is one way to do this, I could override calibre.web.feeds.templates.Template, but maybe there is more elegant solution.

The most important for me is adding source url.

I would be gratefull for some hints
dabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Those sections are removed when creating periodicals for the Kindle, as the Kindle has its own navigation infrastructure. Set your output profile to something not kindle and you will see them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 05:14 AM   #3
dabal
dabal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
@kovidgoyol - thak you very much for this information.

I just want to ask is there more elegant way to add some text, as i was saying i've read about Template.
dabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, you will have to override the template class in your calibre code.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote