Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Could you bear a life devoid of chocolate?
Yes 8 19.05%
Maybe 7 16.67%
No 10 23.81%
Engorging on chocolate is essential to life 13 30.95%
The blue one next to the fish 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Life without chocolate: too much to bear?

Could you bear a life devoid of chocolate?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Note I say "engorging" not "gorging"; I'm assuming fat is semiliquidic
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
mmm no, i love chocolate
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
MR has ruined me. I think I have only chosen "the blue one next to the fish" for the past eleventyzillion polls. Good thing the census is over for a while, or I'd really panic. How will I properly vote without the blue one next to the fish option??
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
MR has ruined me. I think I have only chosen "the blue one next to the fish" for the past eleventyzillion polls. Good thing the census is over for a while, or I'd really panic. How will I properly vote without the blue one next to the fish option??
I think you were ruined before MR got it's grubby paws on you!
You'll just have to live without the blue one next to the fish one day..
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #6
AprilHare
Wizard

Okay, put your hand up if you voted 'Yes'..
Old 03-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Okay, put your hand up if you voted 'Yes'..
It was me.

I can't remember when I last ate chocolate -- I don't eat sweets very often.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
It was me.

I can't remember when I last ate chocolate -- I don't eat sweets very often.
Which implies you do eat sweets! And you can imagine life devoid of chocolate? For shame!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #9
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Which implies you do eat sweets! And you can imagine life devoid of chocolate? For shame!
But...but...

Cinnamon rolls! Banana pudding! Blackberry cobbler! Life would still be good!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Life without chocolate is a version of Hell.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #11
scot38
scot38 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ten years ago I lost half my stomach to cancer. The Doctor told me that I would have to eat more often, to keep my weight up. I interpreted that as EAT MORE CHOCOLATE !!!.

By the way, I'm still cancer free after ten years. (Yea).

scot38
scot38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
But...but...

Not good enough by far!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #13
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Could I? yes

Would I want to? Not if I knew what I was missing.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #14
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
mmm...i love the lindt chocolates, and of course godiva but we don't buy those because they're expensive. but one time my sister got a godiva chocolate box from someone and i just snuck a few bites it was glorious
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #15
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
But...but...

Quote:
Not good enough by far!
There are other wonderful sweets besides chocolate, and cinnamon rolls sound like a great start. Added to that is vanilla ice cream, which I prefer over chocolate ice cream.

Let's not forget red swedish fish, one of the most wonderful taste treats ever created. One that I would choose over chocolate if I had to choose between the two.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote