Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
miwie
Connoisseur
miwie began at the beginning.

Device: Android, PB Pro 602
Overriding CSS ".articledescription"

How do I override the CSS for .articledescription in a recipe. The default value for font-size: 0.7em; looks to small for me.
miwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Tegan
Connoisseur
Tegan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1st Gen, Kindle 3 SO
extra_css = '.articledescription {font-size: whatsizeyouprefer;}'

I think. I'm a newbie too, but it works for me.
Tegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
miwie
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegan View Post
extra_css = '.articledescription {font-size: whatsizeyouprefer;}'
This was my first thought too, but it does not work. After including extra_css = '.articledescription {font-size: 1.0em;}' in the recipe I still find .articledescription {...; font-size: 0.7em; ...}' in the stylesheet.css file.

Any other hints?
Old 01-18-2011, 01:51 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The relevant variable is template_css
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 AM   #5
miwie
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The relevant variable is template_css
I tried that to no avail.
How I'm supposed to override this variable? I tried setting only the wanted part (.articledescription, tried .article_description too!) as well as provided the complete (modified) content of template_css.
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to replace it fully. That's where the css is taken from, though IIRC, some output profiles provide their own css, in which case it's not so easy to override.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
miwie
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You need to replace it fully. That's where the css is taken from, though IIRC, some output profiles provide their own css, in which case it's not so easy to override.
OK, I give up now on this issue, can't get it to work (el_pais.recipe, EPUB)