Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
shanek09
shanek09 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Manga help on kindle 3

Hey everyone I am new to these forums , I have been reading on here quite some time. I just purchased my Kindle 3 today and I have converted 2 e pub books using the software Calibre , to any of the manga readers on these boards or anyone who has knowledge of how to do this I'd love for anyone to share with me step by step or a video tutorial on the best way to transfer manga to the kindle the dragon ball z mangas I have are cbr files and the Narurto manga I have are PNG files just like 18 images.

THANKS
shanek09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hi there and welcome to mobileread

I don't read Manga (so not much help) but just wanted you to know you're not being ignored. Hopefully someone will provide some help soon for you.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
shanek09

Oh okay thank you very much.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
charmian
Addict
charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW2
Use Mangle to convert your images into Kindle-optimized images. Canti is also recommended, though I haven't had success with it.
charmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
i've found 'mangle' to be excellent.....had no problems with it so far
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I just put the jpg images into a folder inside the pictures folder on the Kindle and they opened reasonably well with a few comics I tried. The only downside was that they weren't displayed full screen properly and were fairly dark. These were older comics with traditional white background and black images/text. Based on this, I didn't bother trying any newer comics, but I will now thanks to this thread.

I've not heard of mangle or canti, so thanks for the pointers.

leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
shanek09

Thanks for the great responses so far I am trying mangle as we speak I'll let you know how it worked out for me.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
shanek09

Well I made a image folder on my kindle and I used mangle and dragged and drop the folder with the images in that folder and now after I unplugged usb I can't find that folder or the manga on my kindle.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:47 AM   #9
leungss
leungss began at the beginning.

your image folder is named "pictures", right? have mangle to export the manga folder and images to the "pictures" folder. Usually the manga folder will appear on your screen, if not, press Alt + Z, the folder will show up. Here are the commands:

q = zoom in
w = zoom out
e = reset zoom
c = actual size
f = full-screen
r = rotate
nav controller = pan
page forward and back = cycle through images
leungss is offline   Reply With Quote