Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Any Australians order the Paperwhite 2 non 3g model?

I've got some questions for any fellow Aus who may have pre-ordered the Paperwhite 2, non 3G model.

How much did it/will it cost you in AUD? (I know it's being advertised on the Amazon site as USD 139)

How much postage did Amazon want? Did they impose any other fees/taxes/charges?

Thanks in advance

PS: none of our ereader sellers have yet to put up any info about the paperwhite 2 non 3G as far as I can tell.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:18 AM   #2
mylinh
mylinh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Kobo glo, Nexus 10
I'm thinking to order one for my niece, but I'm not so sure now if i would like to put it through, since the price is almost as much as Kobo Aura. The infor below is what I got when trying to place the order. (Apologise for my English, it is my fourth language so I'm not that fluent).

Items: AUD 154.52
Shipping & handling: AUD 13.32
Total before tax: AUD 167.84
Estimated tax to be collected: AUD 0.00
Order total: AUD 167.84
mylinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
I pre-ordered. Total cost for Kindle PW2, cover and postage to Brisbane, Qld was $198.46.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Thanks mylinh and brewjono

Gee that's a big discrepancy between the 2 costs. I'm in Sydney for info.

Wonder what the local retailers will sell it at whenever they drag themselves to selling it.

I'm still deciding whether i 'need' it - but the major reason is that the sandstone coloured background colour is perfect for my eyes.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Discrepancy between the two prices because brewjono's includes a cover as well as a PW2?

"Total cost for Kindle PW2, cover and postage"
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert