Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
Amazon Launches Optimized Kindle Store Seamlessly Integrated with "Kindle for iPhone"

I'm not sure if iPhone/iTouch will ever become a true e-book reader platform however Amazon have taken a few more steps towards it:

Amazon Launches Optimized Kindle Store Seamlessly Integrated with "Kindle for iPhone" App -- The Most Popular Books App for iPhone and iPod Touch

It seems like the site is "optimized" for iPhone browsing and the iPhone app launches Safari when the user wants to "get books":

Quote:
"Now when users of the a Kindle for iPhone app click on "Get Books", the new Kindle Store tailored for the size and shape of the iPhone and iPod touch screens automatically opens in Safari."
Well, I wouldn't call this seamless but it's pretty cool even if it's just a skinjob.
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
There is already an Amazon Mobile app so I am not sure why not have them either work together or just allow the mobile app to purchase Kindle books vice just putting them on your wish list...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
There is already an Amazon Mobile app so I am not sure why not have them either work together
There seems to be an Apple requirement that apps use Safari for web operations. See eReader 2.1 (iPhone) requires special link format for downloading books.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
There seems to be an Apple requirement that apps use Safari for web operations. See eReader 2.1 (iPhone) requires special link format for downloading books.
But I dont see why it could just not use the "Send wirelessly to my Kindle/iPhone" option as you can when you go to the manage my kindle page. (and I mean in the Amazon Mobile app)
Whatever works I guess
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote