Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-22-2017, 02:09 AM   #1
KathyJM
Enthusiast
KathyJM began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet (& Kobo Glo HD)
Where does Play Store put downloaded books?

I want to read ebooks purchased from the Play Store with Alkido, but once I've downloaded them I can't find them in order to import to Alkido.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

Any ideas?

Last edited by KathyJM; 04-22-2017 at 06:14 PM.
KathyJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Do you mean you're downloading the books from the Play Store website to a computer using Adobe Digital Editions for transfer to your Tab? If so they're in Documents/My Digital Editions.

If you mean you're downloading them in the Play Books app on the Android device and want to read them with Aldiko I'm not sure if you can or not. Play Books may not download a standard ePub (I don't think it does).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:53 AM   #3
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyJM View Post
I want to read ebooks purchased from the Play Store with Alkido, but once I've downloaded them I can't find them in order to import to Alkido.
You can download from your google account acsm file using a web browser. Aldiko is one of few android readers I know that should be able to read it (after registering the app/device).
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

If you mean you're downloading them in the Play Books app on the Android device and want to read them with Aldiko I'm not sure if you can or not. Play Books may not download a standard ePub (I don't think it does).
Yes, Play Books app has its own 'rendering' of ebooks, it is more akin to reading in a browser than file-based reading apps. You cannot side-load or un-sideload any content with the app, it has to come from cloud (and you can upload your own epub or PDF to make them available to the apps).

If you want to read with a different app, you have to download from your Purchases page at play.google.com/books. This will be an .acsm file if it is protected with DRM (sometimes one for PDF and one for ePub), or a .PDF or .epub if it is not.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote