Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 03:17 AM   #16
RRRrrr
RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.RRRrrr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
gnaaah.... see my posts above: just goddamn find it out for yourself, and provide the answer here, instead of crying for mommy to tell you.

You sound like a dastard adventurer in the middle age: "I would like to go to Africa, is it safe to go there?" - "I heard somebody was in Africa before, and they saw elephants, will I see elephants if I go to Africa"?
You know that this is not helpful at all, right? I have absolutely no prior experience and I got my Kindle just 72 hours ago. What do you want me to do, find absolutely new solutions? Right now I am more likely to brick it than to fix anything. Answer me honestly: Do you really think that telling someone to risk the warranty and functionality on a device he/she has absolutely no prior experience with without providing him with any relevant information whatsoever on the subject is good advice? Did you jailbreak and started experimenting with your Kindle three days after you got it? Ask yourself if you would be happy if you were in my shoes and someone gave you exactly the same advice with exactly the same attitude.

Your analogy is very far from accurate. It is more as if someone was asking how to fix the electric circuit in his home without damaging anything and putting his life in risk. Then, after asking on a forum, someone tells him him not to be a "dastard" and find out by himself if he will damage the electric circuit or even damage himself and then go on the forum and share how he did it. But unlike unlike this problem there is pretty much none information about mine anywhere.
And why did you write 2 almost identical posts? Is that your idea of a good contribution to a forum?

So please, if you have nothing worthwhile to add, be so kind as to spare me another "find out yourself" comment.

Last edited by RRRrrr; 05-17-2012 at 03:59 AM.
RRRrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
My honest advice to you would be that if you need a reader with Cyrillic support, that you get a reader which properly supports Cyrillic, such as a Pocketbook (Pocketbook are based in Ukraine, and have excellent Cyrillic support). As it stands, you've bought a device which was never intended for use in the Cyrillic market, and are trying to make it something that it was never intended to be.

Get the right tool for the job that you want to do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #18
phoeagon
Enthusiast
phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
well i know it's stored in a database named something like "cc.db" or so... literally using a sqlite3 utility can help you change it,,, (though not pleasant at all, it does work.
phoeagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #19
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRrrr View Post
You know that this is not helpful at all, right?
Yes, I know. But your questions make no sense.

Quote:
I have absolutely no prior experience and I got my Kindle just 72 hours ago. What do you want me to do, find absolutely new solutions? Right now I am more likely to brick it than to fix anything. Answer me honestly: Do you really think that telling someone to risk the warranty and functionality on a device he/she has absolutely no prior experience with without providing him with any relevant information whatsoever on the subject is good advice? Did you jailbreak and started experimenting with your Kindle three days after you got it? Ask yourself if you would be happy if you were in my shoes and someone gave you exactly the same advice with exactly the same attitude.
You have all the information that you need from the posts that you linked to. It is up to you to decide if you want to take the risk or not. If it was really as unsafe as you seem to think it is, be sure that you would have seen a post about that, in the very thread you are referencing.

And yes, I jailbroke my Kindle 10 minutes after I received it.

Quote:
Your analogy is very far from accurate. It is more as if someone was asking how to fix the electric circuit in his home without damaging anything and putting his life in risk. Then, after asking on a forum, someone tells him him not to be a "dastard" and find out by himself if he will damage the electric circuit or even damage himself and then go on the forum and share how he did it. But unlike unlike this problem there is pretty much none information about mine anywhere.
And why did you write 2 almost identical posts? Is that your idea of a good contribution to a forum?
If you look around, you will see that my contributions in this forum are generally useful. You asked for that reaction because YOU were misbehaving, and because you kept asking the same question again and again. "Is this safe?" "Is that safe?" "Does this work?" "Does that work?". If you have concerns, don't do it.

Quote:
So please, if you have nothing worthwhile to add, be so kind as to spare me another "find out yourself" comment.
Will do. I'm retiring from this thread.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-17-2012 at 11:21 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #20
mkflint
mkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to behold

Device: KT
Kindlean does now work with my Kindle Touch.
mkflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #21
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkflint View Post
Kindlean does now work with my Kindle Touch.
It worked on my Touch, too.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:05 AM   #22
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
deleted

Last edited by thomass; 05-23-2012 at 11:04 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, cyrillyc, kindle, touch, windows