Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-29-2019, 05:11 PM   #42376
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Packing to leave the life I’ve made in Germany.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:16 AM   #42377
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I started out bullet journaling 6 years ago when the notion was first kicked off. I kickstarted the little system (came with some PDFs of suggested set-ups, symbols, etc). My style has evolved to fully fit me now. My wife mentioned in passing that my books look more like a traditional commonplace book with a bullet journal's minimalism. I start my day reviewing my tasks and I end my day creating tomorrow's tasks. In between, I write about every book I read, paste things that catch my fancy, take meeting notes, and just generally use it to keep whatever I need to hand.

Were I a writer, I would be called to mind of Joan Didion's "On Keeping a Notebook." As it is, I would not know what to do without my book. And I use Lamy Safari's to write in it

I started using Lamy's for grading papers when I was a professor because I used so much ink. Then pens were so comfortable that it stuck for me. Good, inexpensive, tons of ink options.
I've looked into bullet journaling several times, but it's not for me. I have a regular planner from Plum Paper for my daily needs. But the bullet journal itself works great for my book journaling needs.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:52 AM   #42378
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Question--how long will the ferrets have to remain in quarantine? Wherever it is you are going from Germany?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:04 PM   #42379
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I hope everything will go smoothly for you and your new place of residence will be great. Also, good luck with the pets.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:18 PM   #42380
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Today marks the half way point in my house sitting, I expect my friends back on the 12th or 13th (they're driving from the south of France).

To be honest I wasn't really looking forward to looking after Keira, she a sweetheart at home, but outside she's afraid of cars, which made walking her along a road difficult when I looked after her in May. Add to that she's a Houdini and can get out of harnesses dogs shouldn't be able to get out of.

But this time she's doing better. Last week it was too hot to cause much of a fuss, but even since it's cooled down she's doing well. She doesn't mind cars much, unless they're really noisy, when walking along her own road cars are sill a bit scary to her. I also have a lead clipped to her collar and one to a harness, it looks stupid, but it works. When she about to go off, she gives warning, I can grab the harness by hand and calm her down. Also talking to her helps keep her calm, again, it looks stupid but it helps.

I am really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again and having the freedom to do what I want and not keep in mind dog walk times. I also miss the kittens, even if I see them 5 days a week when I go home. I love their presence but also their independence. Keira is really really clingy, which annoys me at times tbh.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:38 AM   #42381
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just back from an aborted holiday,which extreme weather conditions killed stone dead; so I am perusing this forum, with a hot coffee to hand, and a (mostly) free day to contemplate my navel,if I so desire!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:34 PM   #42382
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Also talking to her helps keep her calm, again, it looks stupid but it helps.
I suspect most dog owners talk to their dog! I actually sing little ditties while walking. Not too loud, but I don't stop just because people are near.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #42383
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I suspect most dog owners talk to their dog! I actually sing little ditties while walking. Not too loud, but I don't stop just because people are near.
I talk to my cats all the time. So does Mr. Hitch. And they talk back. What, is that supposed to be weird?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:10 PM   #42384
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I talk to my cats all the time. So does Mr. Hitch. And they talk back. What, is that supposed to be weird?

Hitch
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #42385
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:

Hitch
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:41 AM   #42386
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Procrastinating a bit. Later today my sister is coming over, first we're going to a big pet store (she's having a friend's cat stay at her place for a couple of weeks) and after that we're going to have dinner at my friends' place. It's become somewhat of a tradition that when I house sit in summer my sister comes over and we use my small table griddle to grill things (usually pieces or chicken filet, vegetables and baguette), when weather permits.

I'm now waiting for the supermarket to open in two and a half hours. I also need to do the dished, vacuum and cut some of the vegetables. But I think that can all wait until after I've been to the supermarket, for now I'm going to potter about a bit.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:20 AM   #42387
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

It's August, which means that for card making all the Christmas items start getting released. I had already decided to go for a puzzle card this year. I've now found two puzzle dies, one US card sized and one that's ten by ten centimeters square. I think I'll go for the US sized one. I will have the card base, with some strips of double sided tape, inside the card will be a bag with the front of the card cut into puzzle pieces and people have to stick them on the front themselves.

This means it'll be an easy card, I can't do layers of paper. I'm thinking of keeping it simple and stamp ornaments/baubles on the front. Either in fun colours or colour them in myself. Iirc I have an ornament stamp set in my collection somewhere.

I can change things up a bit with colours and lay-out. I will have to order the things I need this month. Then I can make them when I'm on vacation in September if I feel like it.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #42388
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Went out after sundown to weed whack .... whew! sweat soaked within minutes ... l look like I just showered ... in my clothes ...

our friend .... humidity ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:45 PM   #42389
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:

Hitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
You guys are weird!

Spoiler:
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:44 AM   #42390
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Listening to music, doing laundry, and posting on mobileread, all while I should go to bed soon
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?