Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2021, 10:06 AM   #721
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Thanks Jackie-W, sorry for being so picky.
I'll get mini clock and go from there

Your Hint made me smile
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:43 PM   #722
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
ETA: The MiniClock display is always on or always off. It can't be restricted to "ON whilst in a book" or "OFF whilst in the booklists or Home screen".
You can probably use NM to toggle it, or NDB to make it depend on the active view.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:33 PM   #723
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You can probably use NM to toggle it, or NDB to make it depend on the active view.
That may be true for the small percentage of users with your tech skills. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

Having to actively toggle on/off via NickelMenu wouldn't be particularly useful, at least for me. Having MiniClock automatically being context-aware might be useful, but if it requires NickelDBus then it's way outside my comfort zone.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:53 AM   #724
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would it be possible to have a patch that prevents series names from being converted to uppercase and left as is?

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-25-2021 at 05:02 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:14 PM   #725
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would it be possible to have a patch that prevents series names from being converted to uppercase and left as is? Unless of cource this is done in the Kobo driver as it sends the series information on the second connect.

If it is the driver, I will put in a request elsewhere.
It is absolutely not in the driver. I have no idea why you would think it was.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:01 PM   #726
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is absolutely not in the driver. I have no idea why you would think it was.
I didn't know if it was or not. Thanks for info. Hopefully a patch can be created to keep the series as entered in Calibre without the uppercasing.
Old 01-28-2021, 04:39 PM   #727
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Bump!

Is it possible for the patch I requested so the series names is not being uppercased and is left as it is in Calibre?
Old 02-05-2021, 05:56 PM   #728
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Bump!

Is it possible for the patch I requested so the series names is not being uppercased and is left as it is in Calibre?
I'll look at it next time I work on the patches. Feel free to open an issue on GitHub so I don't forget.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 06:46 PM   #729
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I'll look at it next time I work on the patches. Feel free to open an issue on GitHub so I don't forget.
I'll do so sometime tomorrow. Thank you.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:44 PM   #730
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'm new to kobo, been away for a few years. I wanted to add the "Freedom to advanced fonts control' in the Patch libnickel.so.1.0.0 (working from very old notes, sorry) but I can't actually find that setting in libinickel. Has it been changed? Thanks
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:58 PM   #731
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'm new to kobo, been away for a few years. I wanted to add the "Freedom to advanced fonts control' in the Patch libnickel.so.1.0.0 (working from very old notes, sorry) but I can't actually find that setting in libinickel. Has it been changed? Thanks
it is called: "Enable advanced settings for all fonts"
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:00 PM   #732
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
it is called: "Enable advanced settings for all fonts"
Thank you

I'll change my notes accordingly.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 06:16 PM   #733
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Thank you

I'll change my notes accordingly.
Here are my kobopatch.yaml overrides for firmware 4.26.16704. You can use it to select which patches you want. You'll be able to easily see which patches you have selected to install. Plus you can put in notes as you want. You'll see I have notes showing me which patches I do edit.

Code:
## Works with kobopatch v0.15.0 and later.
## You can update kobopatch by downloading the latest release from https://github.com/pgaskin/kobopatch/releases. 
version: 4.26.16704
in: src/kobo-update-4.26.16704.zip
out: out/KoboRoot.tgz
log: out/log.txt

patchFormat: kobopatch

patches:
  src/nickel.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/nickel
  src/libadobe.so.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so
  src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0
  src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0

## You can put lines in the following section to override the enabled state of patches.
## The indentation matters! Each override should be indented by 4 spaces. Add to the 
## section below. This section can be copy and pasted into newer patch versions to
## keep your selections.
##
## Example of how it should look:
## overrides:
##   src/nickel.yaml:
##     Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes
##     Whatever the yaml is called: no
##   src/libadobe.so.yaml:
##     You get the idea: yes
overrides: 
   src/libadobe.so.yaml:
     Remove PDF map widget shown during panning: no

src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml:
     My 10 line spacing values: no
## Customized
     My 24 line spacing values: yes
     Custom left & right margins: yes
     Custom font sizes: yes
     ePub fixed top/bottom margins: no
     ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom: yes
     Custom kepub default margins: yes
     Block WiFi firmware upgrade: no
     Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts: yes
     Set KePub hyphenation: yes
     Force user line spacing in KePubs: no
     Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2): no
     Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs): no
     Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2): no
     ePub constant font sharpness: yes
     KePub constant font sharpness: yes
     Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs: no
     Un-Force user font-family in KePubs: yes
     Un-force link decoration in KePubs: no
## Customized
     KePub stylesheet additions: yes
     Ignore .otf fonts: no
     ePub uniform font scale: yes
     Set font scale factor: yes
## Customized
     Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height: yes
     Custom navigation menu page number text: no
     Shorten dictionary entry not found message: yes
     Change Wikipedia search language: no
     Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no
     Greek Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no
     Bulgarian Phonetic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2/Forma/Libra): no
     Don't grab exclusive access to event0: no
     Both page turn buttons go next: no
     Both page turn sides go next: no
     Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen: yes
     Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading: yes
     Allow USB storage even when device locked: no
     Hide browser from beta features: no
     Remove beta features not supported text: no
     Disable all tutorial dialogs: no
     Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen: yes
     Rename new home screen footer: no
     Remove line from bottom tab bar: no
     Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Activity: no
     Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Articles: no
     Set visible SmartLink: no
     Only show Pocket SmartLink: no
     Only show stats SmartLink: no
     Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks: no
     Allow showing info panel on random screensaver: no
     Remove title from reading header/footer: no
     Larger Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no
     Allow rotation on all devices: no
     Don't uppercase header/footer text: no
     Custom header/footer page number text: no
     Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text: yes
     Swap reading header/footer: no
     Enable advanced settings for all fonts: yes
     Customize ComfortLight settings: no
     FeatureSettings - BookSpecificStats: yes
     FeatureSettings - ShowFacebookShare: yes
     FeatureSettings - FullScreenBrowser: no
     FeatureSettings - MyWords: no
     FeatureSettings - ExportHighlights: no
     DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget: no
     PowerSettings - UnlockEnabled: no

src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml:
     Disable orphans/widows avoidance: yes
     Default ePub serif font (Amasis): no
     Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans): no
     Default ePub symbol font (Symbol): no
     Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no
     Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no
     Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt): no
     Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets: no
     Ignore ePub TOC navpoints: no
     Default ePub monospace font: no

src/nickel.yaml:
     Reduce top/bottom page spacer: yes
## Customized
     Custom synopsis details line spacing: yes
     Custom synopsis font size: no
     Increase home screen cover size: no
     Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area: yes
     Increase Book Details synopsis area: yes
     Increase library cover size: yes
     Custom collection/author header title font: no
## Customized
     Reduce new header/footer height: yes
## Customized
     Custom header/footer captions: yes
     Custom page navigation scrubber: yes
     Customise Header back button: no
     Series list increase cover thumbnails: yes
     Increase headlines font: no
     New home screen subtitle custom font: yes
     Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen: yes
     Remove footer (row3) on new home screen: no
     Show all games: no
     Remove forgot pin button from lock screen: no
     Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart: yes
     Change TOC level indentation: no

## TRANSLATIONS ##
# Optional, use only if lrelease is not in PATH and if translations are needed
# lrelease: /path/to/lrelease

# Uncomment the following to add translations (replace lc with the language code)
# translations:
#   src/whatever.ts: usr/local/Kobo/translations/trans_lc.qm

## ADDITIONAL FILES ##
# Uncomment the following to add additional files to the tgz (like init scripts or hyphen dicts)
# The files will be root-owned, and world readable, writable, and executable (0777)
# files:
#   src/whatever.txt: usr/local/Kobo/whatever.txt
#   src/whateverToPutInMultiplePlaces.txt:
#     - usr/local/Kobo/location1.txt
#     - usr/local/Kobo/location2.txt
Old 05-28-2021, 11:38 AM   #734
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Is there any way to write a patch that, when you highlight a word or phrase, breaks the "search" option in the resulting menu into the two choices that you get if you tap "search"? I.e., have the "search in book" and "search on web" options appear as part of the initial menu?

I'm always searching in the book (lousy memory for characters) and it would be nice (although hardly essential) to get rid of the extra tap.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:12 PM   #735
barthalion
barthalion began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Is it possible to customize whether and/or how many of the latest books is downloaded during sync?
barthalion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests