Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
ePub reader for iOS 4.2.1?

I have an iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1. What's the best ePub reader that I can run? All the ones I've found so far require iOS 5 or later.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
The simple answer is Stanza, no question. However, you'll need Stanza v 3.1, which is no longer available on iTunes (which offers 3.2). However if you Google "Stanza 3.1" you'll find third-party links that might work. Good luck!
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Bluefire reader 1.7 works fine even on my ancient first gen iPhone. Unfortunately, it's no longer available for download in the AppStore.
However, Blufire Inc. has licensed their code as White Label Apps to a number of companies and not all of them have updated their code base. One of them is libri.de whose older eBookS Reader app is still available in the iTunes store. It lists OS 3.2 as the system requirement. (Since the screen shots are in German, it might have not been localized into English, though.)
If that app doesn't work for you, try searching for older apps of one of the other licensees.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:09 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks, both. The Stanza 3.1 requirement explains why I couldn't get Stanza to work. I did see eBookS, but the German language screenshots and description put me off. I'll give it a go.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote