Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-19-2024, 12:00 PM   #1
Liudprand
Zealot
Liudprand began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Malformed database (but only when using

I have a problem which (I think!) is slightly different from the usual "malformed database" thing.

It doesn't seem to be anything to do with the devices (I have two that I use with the same Calibre library). I only get the popup telling me the database is malformed (image attached) when I try to use the Full Text Search facility - specifically, after I enter a search term and then click the button to the right.

My assumption is that this uses a different, bespoke database that's distinct from the main database for the library (this is because I remember how long it took to compile in the first place!). Assuming that's the case, is there a way of getting Calibre to just generate this database again, and overwrite the old one? Would that be a matter of just deleting the relevant file.

Or, am I wrong about that? Does it mean "the" database is malformed, and I have to find a backup, assuming I've got one?

I'd be very grateful for any tips...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-19 164702.png
Views:	40
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	205892  
Liudprand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can simply delete the full-text-search.db file in your calibre database and it will be rebuilt.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2024, 12:03 PM   #3
Liudprand
Zealot

I should have mentioned that I know which file to delete, if that's the solution - full-text-search.db. I'd just be grateful if someone could let me know whether just deleting it from the file system in Windows is the way to go, or whether that will just confuse Calibre. If there's a way of deleting it from within the Calibre interface, I can't seem to find it...
Old 01-19-2024, 12:03 PM   #4
Liudprand
Zealot

Ah - thanks very much! That was the quickest reply I've ever had on here, or maybe anywhere else!