Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-16-2024, 11:48 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Tweaks : doubleclick_on_library_view

I noticed there's a new(ish) option - show_book_details.

I tried to use it in the enter_key_behavior setting

However, instead of showing the book details popup for the currently selected book it opened one of the format files - I think the first one it finds, an error if there's no format file.

Thinking it might be shortcut entanglement, I set enter_key_behavior back to do-nothing and it was back to taws - i.e. Enter does nothing.

So, I tried it in a fresh install of portable - same deal, if I set the enter_key_behavior to show_book_details the Enter key will open the first available format.

I'd actually like a slightly different option show_book_details_locked.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 06:04 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The option has been there since April 2021. And it has never worked with the enter key, only double-click. That shows how often this tweak is used.

EDIT: If you want to report a bug or change the behavior then you should use the bug reporting system.

Last edited by chaley; 01-17-2024 at 06:15 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2024, 03:36 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not in the change log: this is fixed in 7.4. I also added a "show_locked_book_details" option.
Old 01-19-2024, 07:10 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Not in the change log: this is fixed in 7.4. I also added a "show_locked_book_details" option.
I missed your edit to your previous post. All I had anticipated coming out of our exchange was an error message: The 'show-book-details' option in not allowed in the 'enter_key_behavior' setting.

I gave it spin and it works - i.e. Enter will pop the book details as per the setting.

But I discovered that if 'enter_key_behavior' has an invalid value e.g. 'Xhow_locked_book_details' I get the same behaviour as before, a format file is opened, but its not first in list as I thought.

If I have DOCX, EPUB, PDF & RTF, Enter will open the DOCX in Word.
If I remove the DOCX, Enter will open the RTF in Wordpad.
If I remove the RTF, Enter will open the EPUB in the calibre-viewer.
And if I remove the EPUB, Enter will open the PDF in PDF-EXchange.

If 'doubleclick_on_library_view" has an invalid value, double click does nothing. I suggest an invalid setting for Enter key be given the same treatment.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:04 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I missed your edit to your previous post. All I had anticipated coming out of our exchange was an error message: The 'show-book-details' option in not allowed in the 'enter_key_behavior' setting.

I gave it spin and it works - i.e. Enter will pop the book details as per the setting.

But I discovered that if 'enter_key_behavior' has an invalid value e.g. 'Xhow_locked_book_details' I get the same behaviour as before, a format file is opened, but its not first in list as I thought.

If I have DOCX, EPUB, PDF & RTF, Enter will open the DOCX in Word.
If I remove the DOCX, Enter will open the RTF in Wordpad.
If I remove the RTF, Enter will open the EPUB in the calibre-viewer.
And if I remove the EPUB, Enter will open the PDF in PDF-EXchange.

If 'doubleclick_on_library_view" has an invalid value, double click does nothing. I suggest an invalid setting for Enter key be given the same treatment.

BR
There is no mechanism to validate tweaks when they are defined. Instead they are checked at the point of use, usually for values of interest at that point. In most cases if the tweak doesn't have one of the "interesting" values then the default is assumed. I'm not interested in changing that behavior.

As for which format is opened, calibre uses the order defined in Preferences / Behavior / Preferred input format order. If no book format is in that list then it picks one more-or-less randomly.
Advert