Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-17-2016, 05:31 AM   #1
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Just a suggestion to the subforum text

The subforum text:

Quote:
Calibre Companion is an ebook manager to wirelessly access and interact with the calibre software and its content server (Android)
I suggest this text:

Calibre Companion is an ebook manager to wirelessly access and interact with the calibre software and its content server (Android and IOS)
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:10 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
The subforum text:

I suggest this text:

Calibre Companion is an ebook manager to wirelessly access and interact with the calibre software and its content server (Android and IOS)
Thanks for pointing this out. I have asked the MobileRead superMods to make the change.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #3
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
This isn't for the CC forum, but found a "typo"/bug on the webpage for CC on Google Play store. Saw a line that says CC is for phones to that effect.

Had to get & install on my Nexus 7 (2013) as I had just installed the Cyanogenmod's version of Android 7.1 (nougat). Left out a text book that is 177 meg; wasn't sure I wanted that on the Nexus or tablets except for the Fire HDX in "native mode".
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
This isn't for the CC forum, but found a "typo"/bug on the webpage for CC on Google Play store. Saw a line that says CC is for phones to that effect.

Had to get & install on my Nexus 7 (2013) as I had just installed the Cyanogenmod's version of Android 7.1 (nougat). Left out a text book that is 177 meg; wasn't sure I wanted that on the Nexus or tablets except for the Fire HDX in "native mode".
I can't find what you are referring to. The only place the word "phone" appears is in the short description "Your calibre library on your phone or tablet." Could you give me a more precise pointer, or perhaps better a screen shot? Thanks
Old 11-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I can't find what you are referring to. The only place the word "phone" appears is in the short description "Your calibre library on your phone or tablet." Could you give me a more precise pointer, or perhaps better a screen shot? Thanks
It looks like you can only see it after CC is installed. Getting into Play store & selecting CC, there are 2 dialogue boxes: Uninstall & Open. Under the "Uninstall" box, is "Designed for Phones". Don't know if it is a Google or CC line.....
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
It looks like you can only see it after CC is installed. Getting into Play store & selecting CC, there are 2 dialogue boxes: Uninstall & Open. Under the "Uninstall" box, is "Designed for Phones". Don't know if it is a Google or CC line.....
Thanks for the followup. I finally was able to see what you are talking about by going to the store using my 7" tablet. That message is Google castigating us for something that makes no sense in CC. They are saying that we don't differentiate between screen sizes, something that is nonsense because CC does adapt the grouping drawer to the screen size. Apparently (and perhaps) to fix this, I would need to provide higher-res icons for CC's action bar.

Bah. The number 1 device running CC is the Nexus 7. The #2 is the Amazon 7" Fire. The number 3 is the B&N HD+. which is (I think) a 9" device. Numbers 4-N are Samsung tablets. Google is just being stupid.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:18 AM   #7
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
They are saying that we don't differentiate between screen sizes, something that is nonsense because CC does adapt the grouping drawer to the screen size. Apparently (and perhaps) to fix this, I would need to provide higher-res icons for CC's action bar.
[...]
Google is just being stupid.
I think actually the problem is that there is only one /res/layout folder, with no /layout-large and equivalent. Their automated labelling is probably unaware that distinctions are made in code between screen sizes and instead is only seeing the absence of alternate layout folders.
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote