Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2019, 12:20 PM   #721
kmicu
kmicu began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch 622, Sony DPT-S1
How to open DPT-S1 case to replace battery?

Hi folks,

if you have a broken version or any pictures then any help appreciated.
It looks like we could open it by firstly removing that frame on the front but I don’t see latches on the edge so not sure where to push to not damage the device and break the frame free.

Cheers.
kmicu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:33 PM   #722
mrkapqa
mrkapqa began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1, prs-t3,
are there any dpt-s1 and dpt-rp1 owners here that prefer the dpt-rp1 over the dpt-s1 and if yes, would please share to write why?
thanks!
mrkapqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #723
Deekin
Deekin began at the beginning.

Device: none
is there any news about some way you could perform the jailbreak procedure for S1 on your own?
Deekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:16 PM   #724
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
How do you export annotations? And in doing so how they add them to Calibre

Last edited by dunhill; 11-11-2020 at 05:19 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:35 AM   #725
digiflash
Connoisseur
digiflash began at the beginning.

Device: DPT-RP1, DPT-S1, Pocketbook 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deekin View Post
is there any news about some way you could perform the jailbreak procedure for S1 on your own?
I did it and removed the Jailbreak. Had some strange problems with USB sync... Look at XDA. Support for jailbreak is also discontinued, if I am informed right. I sold my DPT RP1 some days ago. Sony discontinued this device again. Thinking of buying a Boox with backlight.
digiflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2020, 06:12 AM   #726
mrkapqa
mrkapqa began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1, prs-t3,
@digiflash how would you compare the dpt-s1 vs. dpt-rp1 in terms of simple reading?
is there any downside Sony discontinuing the device? i understand it would be difficult to try to replace the battery once it is depleted, if Sony Support would not help with that.

Tried several readers with backlight, but none has convinced me yet.
although i use a Kobo next to Sony readers (also to counterweight the Amazon Kindle shop) the backlight is turned off and i use a clip-on solution which is far more comfortable to my eyes.
mrkapqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:21 AM   #727
LarryNYC
Groupie
LarryNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
I have decided to move to a 12.9” iPad Pro for my note taking and sketching for work. Notability is a good note taking program and the Apple Pencil is a terrific input device, although I wish it were a little less slippery.

Sadly, I cannot seem to import my hundreds of pages of PDFs from the Sony Digital Paper into Notability. They show up with the correct number of pages but blank. In other programs, the PDFs show up with blue ink on white paper.

Any thoughts? I think I will file a bug with the Notability developers.
LarryNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:12 AM   #728
88%
Enthusiast
88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch

Device: DPTS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNYC View Post

Sadly, I cannot seem to import my hundreds of pages of PDFs from the Sony Digital Paper into Notability. They show up with the correct number of pages but blank. In other programs, the PDFs show up with blue ink on white paper.

Any thoughts? I think I will file a bug with the Notability developers.
Not an ideal solution, but if you don't need to later separate your notes from the original pdf, you could always print the files to pdf. While it'd be a pain with the volume you're talking about you could probably use Automator to do make the process a bit less painful.

This solution wouldn't work for me personally, as I need to have the ability to print most of my pdf's without the markup, but thought I'd put it out there as a possible solution. Really depends on your use scenario.

Best of luck with it.
88% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 10:15 AM   #729
Deekin
Deekin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello there everyone! I just lost the pen to my beloved dpt-s1 device. Are there any compatible third-party pens on the market which could be a good replacement? Thanks a lot in advance!
Deekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:34 PM   #730
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
@Deekin check eBay "dpt-s1 stylus" the electromagnetic stylus are about £10, shipped from China.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 02:56 PM   #731
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
anyone still using the dpt-s1 in 2022? Curious to hear if it still holds up!

Also I posted a Want-to-Buy in the Flea Market Section

So if anyone is thinking about selling theirs in Europe let me know
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 04:20 AM   #732
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
Btw does anyone know that if I buy a japanese Unit if its possible to switch to the english language on it?

Also very curious sbout the rooting or jailbreak of the device
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:40 AM   #733
kcroker
kcroker got an A in P-Chem.kcroker got an A in P-Chem.kcroker got an A in P-Chem.kcroker got an A in P-Chem.kcroker got an A in P-Chem.kcroker got an A in P-Chem.kcroker got an A in P-Chem.kcroker got an A in P-Chem.kcroker got an A in P-Chem.kcroker got an A in P-Chem.kcroker got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sony Digital Paper System
Still using it daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamba66 View Post

Hello! Yes, I use it daily still. It has a few dead lines, mostly at the top where you're often pressing to switch tabs. Battery life hasn't changed much that I can notice. I've been using mine since Summer 2015. I bought an unopened one for $500 off ebay about a year ago. Just keeping it in storage for when this one does give up the ghost.

Its been 7 years and still nothing compares to the DPT-S1 for the eInk writing/sharing experience. That's pretty stunning, and also shameful and embarrassing imo.
kcroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:54 AM   #734
88%
Enthusiast
88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch

Device: DPTS1
I can report a similar experience to kcroker. A few dead lines at the top (stylus only though, no dead pixels on the screen as far as I can tell) but otherwise the thing's an absolute workhorse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroker View Post
Its been 7 years and still nothing compares to the DPT-S1 for the eInk writing/sharing experience. That's pretty stunning, and also shameful and embarrassing imo.
↑ THIS. Excellently put.
88% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:16 AM   #735
arabian
arabian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O & Sony DPT S1
Sony products quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamba66 View Post

I still have it and take it with me on work meetings but I don't actually use it only showing off.

I bought it in July 2015

I would say Sony make exceptional products but their pricing timing and marketing and optimization for customer experience are not perfect.

In almost any product, I would prefer Sony over any other brand.

An example of Sony timing is the e readers which were really early before others but they phased out too early too
arabian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crop, croppdf