Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #676
LarryNYC
Groupie
LarryNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Thanks for posting those links. I can live with 16GB. Yes, it looks like it is much faster to find the page you want in a document. I'm glad they made the screen flush with the bezel. It's hard to write at the edge of the DPT-S1.

I'd like to find out more information about the new desktop PDF app.

It also looks like they're using a custom printer driver to send PDF files to the device. That's clever.
LarryNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #677
Deekin
Deekin began at the beginning.

Device: none
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6zafIKhO7U

Trailer of DPT-RP1
Deekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #678
LarryNYC
Groupie
LarryNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deekin View Post
I'm staring at a pile of about twenty notebooks from past projects, with no way to search for anything in them, and no easy way to share any of the content they contain. There is the superiority of paper for you. ;-)

The DPT-S1 is a useful tool for work, as will be the DPT-RP1. I love paper for novels or finished books but the Sony is terrific for allowing me to make sketches and take notes while I write code. A lot of my notes are disposable so deleting the page is ok, something I can't do with paper.

I had to laugh when the video showed a ballpoint pen. Anybody who loves writing hates ballpoint pens. Writing with a ballpoint pen is like writing with a nail. I use beautiful fountain pens from Pelikan for my writing. They just glide over the page. Still, that's not enough to override the advantages of the DPT-S1 and DPT-RP1.

Last edited by LarryNYC; 04-21-2017 at 10:59 AM.
LarryNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:40 AM   #679
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Does anyone else receive an
Quote:
Error

Update confirmation failed.
Please try again later.
when checking for updates?
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:32 PM   #680
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Turns out there is a new software update since yesterday, get it while it's hot!
Advert
Old 04-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #681
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
Turns out there is a new software update since yesterday, get it while it's hot!
i checked today and it says i have the latest at 1.5.53.26270
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:01 AM   #682
ManDay
E-Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
i checked today and it says i have the latest at 1.5.53.26270
That's indeed the same as I have. When was that supposedly released? Otherwise I can only think that I had a bug (since I update about 1 1/2 months ago).
Old 04-27-2017, 06:03 AM   #683
allochi
Connoisseur
allochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura
It was pushed at the end of last month.
allochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:19 AM   #684
ManDay
E-Reader

I guess I must have been lagging behind on the updates then. Anyway...

I'm looking for a couple of new nibs for the stylus. Has anyone found a way to obtain them? B&H for example are out of stock and my last tip is coming to its end.

They are wearing off fairly fast imho, but that's all good with me as long as they are not showing any wear on the screen, which indeed they don't. Is there a known alternative to the Sony supplied tips which is equally soft-going on the screen?

When I had an HP computer, it was missing a single rubber foot. I asked HP for a replacement and a week later I received a package, free of charge, with 20,000 rubber feet in it (when asked about it, they said it had been a mistake and I should keep it). If anyone had a similar experience with Sony and the stylus nib, maybe they are willing to share a few?
Old 04-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #685
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
I'm looking for a couple of new nibs for the stylus. Has anyone found a way to obtain them?
i believe the sony website still actually has 3 types of nibs for sale.
http://www.sony.com/electronics/digi...ynamic_default
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:11 AM   #686
ManDay
E-Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
i believe the sony website still actually has 3 types of nibs for sale.
http://www.sony.com/electronics/digi...ynamic_default
They apparently don't sell them. They link to amazon where they sell for $20, including shipping and tax I think this will amount to at least $60 to get them in Germany. Hopefully there is another vendor!
Old 04-28-2017, 04:37 AM   #687
allochi
Connoisseur
allochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura
I live in Switzerland, and I got them from here

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product...?tagIds=77-533

Maybe this will be a better option.
allochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:30 AM   #688
ManDay
E-Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by allochi View Post
I live in Switzerland, and I got them from here

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product...?tagIds=77-533

Maybe this will be a better option.
I only see Wacom nibs there. I have a Wacom, too, but their tips are slighly too large and made from a harder material.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:52 AM   #689
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Given that sony has got both pen support and touch, I wonder if palm rejection works well. Can you rest the wrist and the palm on screen while you write?
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:29 PM   #690
88%
Enthusiast
88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch

Device: DPTS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by desk7 View Post
Given that sony has got both pen support and touch, I wonder if palm rejection works well. Can you rest the wrist and the palm on screen while you write?
Yes you can rest your hand on the display while you write. I've never had any trouble with touch activating when I didn't want to, but earlier in the thread I seem to recall some people mentioning that their shirt sleeves had caused some issues.
88% is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crop, croppdf