Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #211
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
same here...two emails..not in purchased history, no tracking number/charge card not charged yet. ordered the 16th...
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #212
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Will this be in a US B&M store somewhere? I really need to literally put my paws on it.

If not, how is kobo's return policy? Can I return for any reason? I guess I'll need to pay for shipping.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #213
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I ordered on the morning of the 18th and apparently it was delivered afternoon of 19th.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #214
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Don't know if any B&M in the US will carry the device.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #215
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2720 View Post
same here...two emails..not in purchased history, no tracking number/charge card not charged yet. ordered the 16th...
Same here. Not in purchase history and I was worried but I got my email just a few minutes ago. Delivery date is the 23rd.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #216
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Didn't we see similar issues with the purchasing for previous devices? It almost seems there are two distinct purchasing systems; one for just books at http://KoboBooks.com and the other associated with eReader purchases at http://kobo.com ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #217
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
Man I am waiting like a kid on Christmas just for an email saying mine shipped. Then it starts all over again once I get the email as I wait for the Aura to arrive... Being an eReader junky can have its bad side.
I understand your excitement.. all good stuff.. I find a portion of getting a new and hi-tech gadget is the excitemtent.. and then when that delivery truck pulls up.. it's .. OH MY.. here it is..
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #218
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Information for calibre support

Could someone who has an Aura get some information so that I can see if I can add it to calibre. I am expecting it to be the same firmware, but with some options somewhere for the new home page.

What I need is:

- USB devices ids. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118560 for details of how to collect them.

- Some files from the device
- "KoboReader.sqlite" - This should be in the ".kobo" directory
- "version" - This should be in the ".kobo" directory
- "Kobo eReader.conf" - This should be in the ".kobo/Kobo" directory

- Cover images sizes. After Sideloading a book and have a look in ".kepub/images". There should be three images for the cover of the book. I would like the image sizes so that the driver can generate the correct size cover.

If someone can collect the files and info and get them to me, it will be very good. Either put them somewhere I can download and PM me where. Or PM me for an address to send them to.

Update: I forgot about the cover sizes earlier. Plus, I have had confirmation from Kobo that it is the same firmware as the other devices. I just need to add the USB device ids and a set of cover sizes to the driver to support the Aura HD. But, I would like to see a copy of the "Kobo eReader.conf".

Last edited by davidfor; 04-19-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added cover sizes and firmware
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #219
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I just dropped by the local Chapters store to see the new Aura, all ready to plunk down $170 and upgrade from my KT. They had it out on display, along with a couple of Kobo reps to help explain it. The screen looks good. The extra 0.8" makes a significant difference. Great! Only... I was disappointed as soon as I picked it up. The hard slick plastic surface (front and back) is terrible. I don't know what Kobo was thinking. It's by far the worst of any of the e-readers, from Kobo or anyone else. To go from the nice quilted back and soft-coated grippy surface of my black KT to this cheap-feeling hard plastic would be unthinkable. The rep suggested that everyone would probably use it with a cover, so it wouldn't matter. But I don't use a cover. Sadly, the Aura is not for me. I guess I'll wait for the Glo to go on sale.
Yup.. you will.. you should just get the cover. problem solved.. wow.. you seem picky..but appriciate your feelings.. I bet if it had 20K diamonds on the back, you would say they stick out to far.. LOL
Doug

Last edited by MrDoug; 04-19-2013 at 09:22 PM.
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #220
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
congrats kikar..nothing for me yet...did you see a charge on your card before the email that it was shipped?
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #221
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Aura HD looks nice..think the interface will come to the glo? hack maybe..same speed of cpu..hrmmm

EDIT: Shouldn't someone put in the Kobo Aura HD in the prefixes menu?

Last edited by freekobo; 04-19-2013 at 10:00 PM.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #222
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
Aura HD looks nice..think the interface will come to the glo? hack maybe..same speed of cpu..hrmmm

EDIT: Shouldn't someone put in the Kobo Aura HD in the prefixes menu?
Request posted in the feedback forum
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #223
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
[QUOTE=davidfor;2487965]Could someone who has an Aura get some information so that I can see if I can add it to calibre. I am expecting it to be the same firmware, but with some options somewhere for the new home page.

]

PM Sent with link to info requested
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #224
savbeowulf
Enthusiast
savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Interesting. I do wonder if that is just marketing doing their job of getting people to think "ooh, I like it, but it won't be around for long, best get one now!", and when it sells very well, possibly due to this limited nature, it's then changed to be a mainstream product.
The question then is, would those who purchased it for the fact it would be a limited edition be annoyed that it's no longer as exclusive as it was once meant to be? People can be *very* funny when it comes to things like that and it could do more harm than good. Of course the mainstream model could be slightly different than the limited one, perhaps 2GB instead of 4GB, or maybe only available in Ivory?
Read somewhere that 300, 000 screens were offered by eink to Barnes And Nobel but were turned down so they were snapped up by Kobo hence the limited run. Please take this with the appropriate pinch of salt as can not 100% confirm but if I remember right the source was quoted as being reliable in the past!
savbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #225
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why doesn't Kobo's website allow the Aura HD to by purchased via PayPal? I don't want to be a foreign transaction fee.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote