Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
akin
akin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Rotate Dolphin Browser + home button

Is it not possible to rotate the Dolphin Browser? I find it easier to read web pages in landscape.
Also, does it not have a 'home' button?

I tried Opera, but I could not find any way to rotate it either. Is there maybe another (good) browser where it is possible to read in landscape mode?
akin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
akin

No, wait, I managed to rotate the Dolphin by checking 'auto-rotate screen' in settings!

But the question is still, is there a home button?
Advert
Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
No home button. You hit the Vox's back button to go back, you tap the + sign in the upper right corner to open a new tab which would have shortcuts to your favorite pages in up to 10 boxes if you have saved them.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by akin View Post
I tried Opera, but I could not find any way to rotate it either. Is there maybe another (good) browser where it is possible to read in landscape mode?
My opera (opera mobile) auto rotates. I don't think I had to change any settings to get it to do that.

FYI, there are system wide rotation settings in android...maybe yours is not set?
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #5
akin

Thanks answers, guys.

I manage to figure out how to auto-rotate, shame about the home button. Or, lack of maybe I should say. But I'll just do as Cdesja5 and open a new tab instead.

This forum is great! Quick answers, and so many people who know so much!
Advert