Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
bkv
bkv began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Downloading attachement from Gmail

Hi,
I get epub-files sent to my gmail-account. I open the gmail for mobile devices in my PRS-T1 browser and try to download the epub. I tap on the link to the attachment and the download starts, but the file appears as a txt-file on the reader, not an epub-file. Could anyone help me with this? I want ReadBeam to mail me news to be read on my Sony reader.
Thanks,
Bjorn
bkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
Mikh
Mikh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Nook Color
hi bkv,
I have the same issue but a very simple workaround is to use the edocs page of your readbeam account. just login using the sony web broader and navigate to the edocs page where your current subscriptions are displayed and you'll find an option to directly download the current issue which will save as an epub and be located in your homescreen :-) hope this helps;-)

Last edited by Mikh; 01-03-2012 at 06:48 AM. Reason: typos
Mikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
bkv
bkv began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikh View Post
hi bkv,
I have the same issue but a very simple workaround is to use the edocs page of your readbeam account. just login using the sony web broader and navigate to the edocs page where your current subscriptions are displayed and you'll find an option to directly download the current issue which will save as an epub and be located in your homescreen :-) hope this helps;-)
Great idea!

Yes it works very well for me. Thanks,
bkv is offline   Reply With Quote