Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-17-2024, 10:05 PM   #1
Voicedude
Voicedude began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Adding two editions of same book in Kindle

I have several books in my Calibre library that are different editions of the same book featuring different forwards or additional features or notes and I would like to have both copies on my device. Whenever I try to send the second version to the device, it removes the first version from the device. I've tried every way possible (that I can see) to add the "id" field to the "Send to Device" template but it still replaces the existing book on the device.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Voicedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 02:49 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Why not make the titles different? Like, "XXX Edition 1", "XXX Edition 2" and so on.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 02:57 AM   #3
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Yeah, unique titles should do it. For example, I have separate books for
- Crime and Punishment (Katz Translation)
- Crime and Punishment (Slater Translation)
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 03:55 PM   #4
Voicedude
Voicedude began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I was thinking of doing that and will probably end up doing it. It seemed that a few months ago I had the same problem on a different device that was remedied by changing the send to device template but for whatever reason it stopped working. Thanks so much for the input.
Voicedude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, keeping duplicates, kindle