Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-17-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Question on VL and on dummy entries

I've checked in Preferences and in Tweaks, as well as tried a search. I know I might have missed it though...

Is there a way to do these two things:
  1. Hide ONLY the "All Books" Tab?
  2. Hide "Dummy Books"? (I use a dummy book to 'reserve' tags. The tags are added and removed by various stages of fixing up added books, so they can't all by added when the books are added -- love that option BTW -- but it also makes select all nearly impossible to use.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:00 AM   #2
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
1 I don't know
2 If by dummy books, you mean empty books or books with no formats then the following search will work;
formats:true
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by higgs View Post
2 If by dummy books, you mean empty books or books with no formats then the following search will work;
formats:true

Figures it would be something simple like that. Ugh. My mind still blanked for a moment, since I didn't want to do a search every time I changed VL. After the head smack, I went ahead and edited all my VL parameters.

Now I just need to figure out if hiding the "All Books" tab is possible
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:10 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post

Figures it would be something simple like that. Ugh. My mind still blanked for a moment, since I didn't want to do a search every time I changed VL. After the head smack, I went ahead and edited all my VL parameters.

Now I just need to figure out if hiding the "All Books" tab is possible
Not that I know of. Something must be in that space of the GUI.
Always just makes it simpler than trying to figure out all the permutations of what us users might do to ruin rule 1
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote