Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #661
Roanoke
Roanoke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kubrick Bug Report -- Female TTS unavailable

Unfortunately, Kubrick's TTS restore option does not include female TTS files. Selecting them in-book produces a 'please contact Kindle customer support' message.

If I'd known this before, I would have backed up my TTS folder before running Kubrick and rooting my kindle.

EDIT: If anyone has access to the TTS folder, please upload it somewhere and PM me the link!
Roanoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #662
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanoke View Post
Unfortunately, Kubrick's TTS restore option does not include female TTS files. Selecting them in-book produces a 'please contact Kindle customer support' message.

If I'd known this before, I would have backed up my TTS folder before running Kubrick and rooting my kindle.

EDIT: If anyone has access to the TTS folder, please upload it somewhere and PM me the link!
Oops.
And the author is on a sabbatical from this forum.
It may be awhile before Kubrick gets updated.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #663
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Please do not ask people to upload copyrighted software. Unless this is done with the permission of the copyright holder, it's copyright infringement.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #664
notITkat
notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.notITkat shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: kindle touch
Hey everyone,

History of my Kindle Touch device - purchased used on ebay Jan 2013. Box says 2011. Description was Kindle Touch 3G, wifi, 4MB

Dec of 2013 received message on kindle that it needed repairs. called customer service, was told it wasn't on warranty and they couldn't help me - to buy a new one.
Found someone online that referred me to this thread - he said that this should work for my situation - too many books downloaded to handheld kindle.
SO.
I plugged in my kindle yesterday - was charging for over 24 hours.
This morning, I was able to burn a cd. I was able to boot my computer from the cd. I followed directions. Is now stuck on the tree scene - used to go to a 2nd screen where it would tell me that it needed repairs. Tried rebooting kindle by holding down power button for 20 seconds plus. Still stops at tree. Did it again. Same.
So. I went through the whole process again of booting my computer from the cd and followed the directions again thinking maybe I did something wrong.
Still am getting only the tree scene.

Is my kindle dead?

btw. I am not a computer person - just a book person. took me two tries and two cds to burn the cd correctly....

edited to add - it does seem to flash to a white screen periodically, but then goes back to the tree. will leave plugged in overnight.

thanks all.
Kat

Last edited by notITkat; 05-22-2014 at 07:10 PM.
notITkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:41 AM   #665
etc.Igor
etc.Igor began at the beginning.

Hello from Belarus, guys. I have a question. After Kubrick's debrick I can't update firmware from 5.1.2 to 5.3.2.1. I force the update error: 007. The update was not successful. To resume using your Kindle, tap the home button. Is there any resolution? Thanks.
etc.Igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #666
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc.Igor View Post
Hello from Belarus, guys. I have a question. After Kubrick's debrick I can't update firmware from 5.1.2 to 5.3.2.1. I force the update error: 007. The update was not successful. To resume using your Kindle, tap the home button. Is there any resolution? Thanks.
The directions claim you can go to 5.3.2.1 directly from 5.1.2.

Directions:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790650

What do you mean by: "I force the update" ???

Last edited by knc1; 05-28-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #667
etc.Igor

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The directions claim you can go to 5.3.2.1 directly from 5.1.2.

Directions:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790650

What do you mean by: "I force the update" ???
in the other words I have the error 007 at the beginning of upgrading to 5.3.2.1. What's the cause???

Last edited by etc.Igor; 05-28-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #668
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Sigcheck failure, which should *never* happen with official updates, unless seriously wrong is going on...

You didn't answer knc1's question, and it's an important one: never reboot the Kindle with an OTA update to 'force' it. Always use the "Update Your Kindle" link from the Settings page.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #669
etc.Igor

But I update it from settings. I've downloaded firmware from the official site and copied it to rhe root directory of the Kindle. Push the Update your kindle button from settings and have the error 007 at the beginning of updating. What goes wrong? Nobody faced it?
Sorry for my english, I meant face not force.

Last edited by etc.Igor; 05-28-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #670
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - - -
Push the Update your kindle button from settings and have the error 007 at the beginning of updating.
What goes wrong?
Bad download, try downloading it again.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #671
etc.Igor

But I tried many times and have no result. I don't know what to do.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #672
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
But I tried many times and have no result. I don't know what to do.
What are you using (software) to download the Amazon file?
What OS is the machine running that you are downloading with?

Have you saved all the copies that you downloaded?
Are they all the same size?
Do they all have the same md5sum?

How are you transferring the Amazon file to your Kindle?

Do you have more than one *.bin file in the root of your Kindle?

The file posted by Amazon has been used by many thousands of people -
The problem almost has to be something about what you are doing, how your doing it, and/or what your doing it with.

Since we can't see over your shoulder -
Tell us every single detail you can think of.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #673
etc.Igor

I tried to brick my Kindle with Kubrick again and haven't chosen jailbrake at this time in menu while installation. Then tried to update to 5.3.2.1 again. At first I got 006 error, after 007 error
OS is windows 7
I Used Live USB Stick disk image reading the instruction
-Have you saved all the copies that you downloaded?
I saved only 5.3.2.1 firmware from Amazon
-How are you transferring the Amazon file to your Kindle?
copy and past in the root directory

Last edited by etc.Igor; 05-28-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #674
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
An U006 error is (usually) a very strong indicator of a corrupt file (or corrupt storage).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #675
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Note that if you try to download the same file again, and it's in your browser's cache, you'll get the version from the cache, not the original site, so if it's corrupted, it'll stay corrupted. Clear out your browser's cache, and then do the download again.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote