Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
blastyrant
blastyrant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blastyrant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blastyrant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: KOBO WIFI
KOBO WIFI resetting view mode

Hello all,
I recently purchased a KOBO v2 WIFI at a Boarders closing. After converting books to ePub using Calibre I am transferring them to my KOBO both with the software and by hand (drag/drop). After de-syncing the KOBO from a Windows XP SP3 machine the KOBO scans for new books. Once this is complete all books are displayed. Before the books were sent over to my KOBO my last settings were to display only "My Books". At this point I am not interested in removing the 100 free books, some of them interest me very much. I would simply like to hide them and keep them hidden.

My question is: is this behavior of revering back to "All Books" after new books are scanned a bug in the firmware or a problem with my specific KOBO?

Thank you! =)
blastyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastyrant View Post
Hello all,
I recently purchased a KOBO v2 WIFI at a Boarders closing. After converting books to ePub using Calibre I am transferring them to my KOBO both with the software and by hand (drag/drop). After de-syncing the KOBO from a Windows XP SP3 machine the KOBO scans for new books. Once this is complete all books are displayed. Before the books were sent over to my KOBO my last settings were to display only "My Books". At this point I am not interested in removing the 100 free books, some of them interest me very much. I would simply like to hide them and keep them hidden.

My question is: is this behavior of revering back to "All Books" after new books are scanned a bug in the firmware or a problem with my specific KOBO?

Thank you! =)
Mine does this too. I just set it back and live with it; I think it's just how it is.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert