Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
So, who should get my Literati?

My friend Farrah's birthday is coming up in Aug. and I was going to give it to her. She doesn't have an eReader or a smart phone but is fairly young and tech-friendly.

However, the Literati seems like it would be AWESOME for someone with failing eyesight, like my cousin who has been putting the "die" in diabetes. You can make the text enormous.

She is actually my mom's first cousin and more like an aunt to me. She's done a good bit for me and did give her sister a Kindle, so she's open to the idea of eReading, I think.

Then there is Mom, who has pretty bad eyesight, herself (macular degeneration, not diabetes). She swears she wouldn't like eReading. I offered to loan her my Kobo for her vacation but she wouldn't. I don't think she'd need her glasses or magnifier with the Literati. I am not so sure about either Mom or her cousin with a new tech device, though, I don't want to give them something that would frustrate them.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I am not sure that I understand it all.

Apparently you want to change your reader and give away the one that you have at the moment. Is that so?

There are 3 possible targets for this possible action of yours:
Farrah. Fairly young and tech-friendly. Birthday coming up in August. Probably a Leo. That's not bad, at least in principle.
Your cousin. Open to the idea of eReading. Is this one the same individual as Farrah?
Mom. What do you mean loan? Like renting?

Eh?
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I know its confusing. The cousin is Mom's first cousin, Lorrie. She is only 3 yrs younger than Mom. Farrah is my friend. Two different people.

What happened is I got a super deal on a Literati. I wanted an LCD reader for nighttime. Well, I like reading on my new Smartphone, which fulfills that role. I have my Kobo and my phone, I don't need the Literati.

Oh, I was going to loan Mom the Kobo but I'm thinking of giving her the Literati.

And, yes, Farrah is a Leo.

Last edited by covingtoncat73; 07-06-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

happy to let your mind bounce on my doubts.
But if you give Mom the Liberati, what will happen with Farrah? Not to think of Lorrie.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Who is the most fanatical reader? Who would spend money on books rather than clothes? Who always has a book in her hand?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Who is the most fanatical reader? Who would spend money on books rather than clothes? Who always has a book in her hand?
This. Or me.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
who is in the most stressful financial circumstances of the group but you know would read?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
who is in the most stressful financial circumstances of the group but you know would read?
That's actually a really good way to decide.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

who would be more grateful in the most profitable way?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:35 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
My friend Farrah's birthday is coming up in Aug. and I was going to give it to her. She doesn't have an eReader or a smart phone but is fairly young and tech-friendly.

However, the Literati seems like it would be AWESOME for someone with failing eyesight, like my cousin who has been putting the "die" in diabetes. You can make the text enormous.

She is actually my mom's first cousin and more like an aunt to me. She's done a good bit for me and did give her sister a Kindle, so she's open to the idea of eReading, I think.

Then there is Mom, who has pretty bad eyesight, herself (macular degeneration, not diabetes). She swears she wouldn't like eReading. I offered to loan her my Kobo for her vacation but she wouldn't. I don't think she'd need her glasses or magnifier with the Literati. I am not so sure about either Mom or her cousin with a new tech device, though, I don't want to give them something that would frustrate them.
I'd say go with the cousin. Mom sounds like she doesn't do much reading, and the cousin can use a screen that she is able to read even with her eye sight problems. Course I may be biased as I also have diabetes though my eye sight is still pretty good so far.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #11
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Thanks, guys, especially KindleKitten. That is a good way to decide. Lorrie (the diabetic cousin) it is. She is in tough circumstances and doesn't drive anymore. She will appreciate being able to check out books on her device from the library, which I hope she will be able to figure out. Mom does read a good bit and I got my love of reading from her but she seems a bit leary of eReading. I can always loan her my Kobo and read on my phone, to see how she goes with that. Farrah is not as much of a reader as either of them and might get a smartphone and read on that someday in the not too distant future.