Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-31-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Cybook Gen3 samples getting ready!!!

Well, Pamela Gadsden of NAEP just commented on Bean that the bill for the Cybook Gen3 samples was getting in:

Quote:
Bookeen has just sent us the bill for the samples.
I would have bought them today but the bill is in Euros ( just try that on your Master Card ).
We've reminded them that we're on the other side of the Atlantic ( but if necessary we can do a currency exchange and send them a bank check.).
Your patience, for which we thank you, is about to be rewarded.
Sounds like we're soon going to see a lot of lovely first-hands review of the newest reader in town!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Excellent! Can't wait for the reviews.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Sounds like we're soon going to see a lot of lovely first-hands review of the newest reader in town!
SQUEE!!!
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #4
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
News from yesterday:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela Gadsden
After giving me grief since last week the bank called me back late this afternoon, reset everything, and had me go through the transaction once again while security watched. Seems they'd be getting different numbers each time I tried to place the order and disallowing it for that reason.
This time they caught whatever was going wrong and the order went through.
Bookeen uses FedEx and NAEB is waiting!
So I hope we'll get the review soon^^
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
*SOMETHING* like that...

Thus sayeth one who *will* be getting one of the sample units!

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
News from yesterday:

So I hope we'll get the review soon^^
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
*SOMETHING* like that...

Thus sayeth one who *will* be getting one of the sample units!

Derek
Do you already have a date?
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't know yet whether they are shipping FedEx or not, but they will have *LEFT* Bookeen as of tomorrow!!!

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdiogo View Post
Do you already have a date?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 PM   #8
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Any NDA still hanging around or can we expect a full review as soon as you received them ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #9
delphidb96
Wizard

As soon as. I promise you. And I'm taking pictures.

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Any NDA still hanging around or can we expect a full review as soon as you received them ?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #10
mercury7
mercury7 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
As soon as. I promise you. And I'm taking pictures.
Fantastic news!
mercury7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #11
alegria
avid reader
alegria began at the beginning.

Device: Waiting for Cybook Gen3
Having no other ebook reader to tide me over in my wait for the cybook I have been constantly reading the mobileread forum to calm me. My better half is a computer geek and finds it hilarious that I have now become a forum junkie myself. I await the upcoming reviews with bated breath.
alegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:12 AM   #12
Michael
Michael will become famous soon enoughMichael will become famous soon enoughMichael will become famous soon enoughMichael will become famous soon enoughMichael will become famous soon enoughMichael will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook
[Bookeen] Information concerning the samples

Hello to the Mobileread community,

Several engineering samples have been distributed these last days to different partners (in US, Europe and Russia). We had very few units, and we are currently out of stock.

The BAEN Cybooks are on their way. Thank you Pamela and Derek for your patience.

One of our french partner (M21 publisher) just received his Cybook yesterday, he has put a first reaction (in french) and a first picture on his blog (here).

Best regards to all of you,

Thank you,

Michael Dahan
Bookeen
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:09 AM   #13
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Michael, may I make a suggestion: Once you have a unit at hand again, could you send it to an MobileReader member/editor for a long review and discussion?

I appreciate the news update, btw!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #14
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
[Bookeen] One of our french partner (M21 publisher) just received his Cybook yesterday, he has put a first reaction (in french) and a first picture on his blog (here).
Here's the Google auto-translation of the post...
Here is the first specimen in France of famous Cybook de Bookeen so much awaited. Waiting was worth the sorrow, it very is successful.

I recall, for those which had not followed all the preceding episodes, that Bookeen is a French company, as its name does not indicate it, than they are at the origin of the first electronic books of the generation 2000 - 2002 with (already) Cybook de Cytale… and than they return to the load with now electronic paper and a super reader of 174 G with battery!

As a partner, we are charmed to be the first in France to test it. To date 2 other specimens were delivered in Europe and 3 to the United States. Marketing should start in the next weeks… with an initial version with 350 euros and a version luxates to 450.

The near total of the catalogue of M21 Editions will be available on Cybook before its launching. In first, the book Gutenberg 2.0 is already, which was least things. We will quickly reconsider this subject with particularly gravitational special offers. To follow…
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #15
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
That made me laugh
But interesting to know that the deluxe version will cost 450 €.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote