Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-19-2022, 06:23 AM   #1
Gunivortus
Enthusiast
Gunivortus began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 3
Resize pictures

Formatting the text works fine, but there are also pictures. I like to get them resized to the screen on which the book is read.
Now, the pictures are small at any device, just take ca. 1/4 of a screen.
How can I get them flexible resized?
Gunivortus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:43 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Reply posted in the ePub forum at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...53#post4223453
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:36 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
@Jon: don't cross-reply.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-19-2022 at 07:38 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:21 AM   #4
Gunivortus
Enthusiast

Ehm ... I am not really in the picture about crossposting here - I am just a 'Junior Member (great to read as you're 74 ...smile), but the thread there was closed, before I could reply with an example that the resizing does not work with the code am I am certainly doing something wrong again.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:53 AM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunivortus View Post
but the thread there was closed,
Yea, I had that problem when I first joined. I could not post in most threads as they were closed, so had to start new threads.
Apparently an anti spam measure, and after a few more posts, they should all be open for you.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:31 AM   #6
Gunivortus
Enthusiast

As I understood it correct, the thread was closed elsewhere because of a crossposting.

But hmm, if I only could get access after writing more posts... maybe I may meet more problems using Sigil, I may do that, but to get this thread open again ... pfff.

I do have a problem with converting PDF to ePub using Calibre, but that is quite another forum here, so I think, that will not be of use now. :-D
Old 05-20-2022, 07:48 AM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Yea, I had that problem when I first joined. I could not post in most threads as they were closed, so had to start new threads.
Apparently an anti spam measure, and after a few more posts, they should all be open for you.
Most threads are not closed; that’s a gross misapprehension. Only very rarely are threads closed. Nor are they selectively closed to new members. What can happen is that posts from new members can need approval; that’s the anti-spam measure. And I’ll add that constantly reposting the same thing while waiting for approval doesn’t speed up the process.

Last edited by issybird; 05-20-2022 at 07:57 AM.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:51 PM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunivortus View Post
I do have a problem with converting PDF to ePub using Calibre.
That is because converting PDF to anything using anything is inherently problematic and is usually a bad idea.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:35 PM   #9
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Most threads are not closed; that’s a gross misapprehension. Only very rarely are threads closed. Nor are they selectively closed to new members. What can happen is that posts from new members can need approval; that’s the anti-spam measure. And I’ll add that constantly reposting the same thing while waiting for approval doesn’t speed up the process.
That is not correct.

When I first joined almost every single thread I tried to post in was closed.
By the time I hit (I think) 10 posts, everything was open to me.
You can check out my screenshot in this post that clearly shows the thread as closed...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...02#post4154602

As for the approval and reposting. It is not the fault of the members. Its most likely been a long time since you checked how this operates, but when a new member posts, and the post is sent into the approval queue, then the post is no longer visible to the member that just posted.
Which means many newbies think that they themselves have made a mistake so try posting again.

If the member was able to continue to see their own post while it is waiting for approval, then they can rest assured that the post was submitted correctly and it will be approved in time.

The current operation is open to confusion for new members.

You should create for yourself a new dummy account and check how it operates.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:48 PM   #10
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
That is not correct.

When I first joined almost every single thread I tried to post in was closed.
By the time I hit (I think) 10 posts, everything was open to me.
You can check out my screenshot in this post that clearly shows the thread as closed...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...02#post4154602

As for the approval and reposting. It is not the fault of the members. Its most likely been a long time since you checked how this operates, but when a new member posts, and the post is sent into the approval queue, then the post is no longer visible to the member that just posted.
Which means many newbies think that they themselves have made a mistake so try posting again.

If the member was able to continue to see their own post while it is waiting for approval, then they can rest assured that the post was submitted correctly and it will be approved in time.

The current operation is open to confusion for new members.

You should create for yourself a new dummy account and check how it operates.
Just FYI, those members who have their name in green (see issybird's) are the forum administers and have TONS of experience working with the MR forums. They are the ones us plebes ask to find out how things really work.

Your viewpoint might make sense to you, but have a completely different cause, and resolution behind the scenes.

Cheers!
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:22 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yeah, we have a fairly decent understanding of how things work around here.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:27 PM   #12
Karellen
Wizard

Ok, a bit confused by the responses, but I'll leave it alone.

Thanks.

Tags
pictures, resize