Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #16
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Thanks for confirming I'm not doing something insanely wrong on my 302.

Is there a version of the dictionary "converter" for the 302 that can be used?
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Guy, Sorry it did not work for the PB302 It appears that the PB firmwares are not as compatible as I thought.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #18
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It appears that the PB firmwares are not as compatible as I thought.
They are very compatible, but they can't be completely compatible, because of different hardware. PB360 has 5way button and does not have touchscreen and PB302 does have touchscreen and does not have 5way button.
They use different keyboard and the new keyboard on 302 needs different configuration file.

PB302, for example can not use the wonderful poterm application - the Linux terminal. poterm uses 5way button as a navigation on keyboard and expects you to press OK to get to the keyboard. PB302 does not have an OK button, so poterm is unusable. Perhaps the touch keyboard might work, you just do not get the chance to use it, because you can't press OK.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #19
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Thanks for confirming I'm not doing something insanely wrong on my 302.

Is there a version of the dictionary "converter" for the 302 that can be used?
No need to apologize at all! In fact, you did me a big favor (along with the other replies) by letting me confirm it wasn't me doing something wrong, and it wasn't something wrong with my individual device).

I'm sure it'll get sorted out down the road - hopefully by September, as that's when I'm back in the classroom, having kids ask me for definitions and finding zero dictionaries in the classroom. I can fudge it with the epub versions, but they're so slow to search...silly 5000+ page books.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #20
guyanonymous
Guru

Problem solved (I hope!)

I decided to use google translate to search for my problem in Russian instead of English.

They seem to have updated google translate lately, as it much faster, smoother, and worked better than times I've tried it in the past couple weeks. New interface and all. Anyway, I got to this site, which I'm sure I've been to before. I downloaded the Dictionary Converter software (top right for me), and found it was a much newer version than I'd previously downloaded (I think from the English version of this same page)...and presto...keyboards that work.

Thanks again for all the help folks! Hopefully the solution to my issue (old version) can help someone else! It would be nice if the versions of other software, like this, were displayed.

edit: for that link above, clikc on the CD to the top right, above FAQ, or google translate this link: http://pocketbook.com.ua/support/pocketbook-302/

Last edited by guyanonymous; 07-24-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #21
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm glad your perseverence paid off.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #22
guyanonymous
Guru

If only I could apply that perseverance to exercise and dieting!
Old 07-25-2010, 02:16 AM   #23
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
The new converter is available on the english website as well:

http://www.pocketbookreader.com/uplo...yConverter.zip

So you don't really need Google translate.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #24
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
The new converter is available on the english website as well:

http://www.pocketbookreader.com/uplo...yConverter.zip

So you don't really need Google translate.
Is this the 4.1 Version ? Or even newer ?

If not I suggest this one better.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #25
guyanonymous
Guru

I'll try it too - though I'm not sure what version any of the others are, as there wasn't a version number on the files I downloaded (and I don't remember seeing one flash by).

I'm not sure where I got the version I had from then, as I only remember downloading apps from that English page above (which I'd already been at).
Old 08-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #26
ninpuukamui
ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Jackie, might you post a little bit about how you did convert the dictionaries? I intend to convert a Spanish-Spanish dictionary and it's giving me hell.
Hi,

I have created an es-es dictionary that seems to work well in the PB360. I manually altered a Stardic I found on the internet to XDXF, then used the converter on it. I tried a few words and it seems to work well.

I don't know if it's legal to attach or link to it on the forum, so anyone interested please let me know and I'll PM.

Cheers!

Last edited by ninpuukamui; 08-02-2010 at 02:40 PM.
ninpuukamui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #27
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Thanks a lot for your effort!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #28
ninpuukamui
ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Opus
I have converted a new dictionary, this time eng-spa. Again, anyone interested, please PM me.
ninpuukamui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #29
guyanonymous
Guru

Does anyone have a good Canadian-spelling dictionary or spelling guide (word list)? Or a Flip Dictionary of some sort?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #30
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Does anyone have a good Canadian-spelling dictionary or spelling guide (word list)? Or a Flip Dictionary of some sort?
That would be nice!
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote