Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Meet-up at the Edinburgh Book Festival (Scotland) Saturday 21 August

Following the success of last year's event, we're planning another Edinburgh meet-up for 2010, which will again coincide with the Edinburgh International Book Festival.

So far, we've fixed the date and venue. Other details are to be decided, and will be announced here in due course.

Please reply to this thread if you're planning to come, if you'd like more information, or if you have any suggestions.

Date:
Saturday 21st August

Place:
At the Edinburgh International Book Festival venue in Charlotte Square, Edinburgh (this is right in the city centre).

Arrangements:
We'll probably meet mid afternoon in one of the cafes or beer tents at the venue. After a drink and a chat, we might go on to visit some of the festival events together. Those who want to can arrange to get together for a meal in the evening.

About the festival
The Edinburgh International Book Festival is one of Europe's foremost literary events. Each year, it plays host to some of the world's most famous authors and thinkers (including, this year, four Nobel laureates and four Booker winners).

Entry to the festival is free and open to all. There are book displays, exhibits, and some free entertainment and events. There is also an extensive programme of talks, workshops and discussions. These are not free, and the more popular ones get booked up well in advance, though others can be booked at the last minute.

The 2010 festival runs from 14 to 30 August. It overlaps with the Edinburgh International Festival and the Edinburgh Fringe. More information from www.edbookfest.co.uk.

I hope we'll see a lot of Mobile Read members at this year's meet-up.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Fun! I'll be with you all in my heart.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It was extremely enjoyable last year; I'm certainly looking forward to it again!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
please post piccies with a cast of characters!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #5
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
If I make it to Edinburgh then, I'll certainly come along.

Unfortunately, at present, I don't know if I can make it; but I'll certainly try to as I've enjoyed the previous two.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks to all those who replied. I'm looking forward to seeing Harry T and (hopefully) Lazy Scott again.

Any others thinking of coming along? The numbers are looking a bit thin at the moment.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Unfortunately I'm already pretty booked up that day (from about 10:30am to at least late afternoon) but if I'm in the vicinity and can make it along at the appointed time, I will
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #8
Mike L
Wizard

Mindy,

I'm sorry we didn't consult you on the date for the meetup. I think we wanted to avoid the situation we had last year. I'm sure you remember that we spent weeks trying to fix a date democratically, and still didn't find one that suited everyone. This time, Harry T and I chose a date unilaterally, and then presented it as a fait accompli.

It would be really good if you do manage to get to the meetup. It will be just like old times.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Definitely interested; will check diary & other commitments & let you know.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:07 AM   #10
Mike L
Wizard

Hope you'll make it, AlecE. It will be good to see you.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #11
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Yay! Can make it :-)
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:34 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Excellent. Looking forward to seeing you there, Alec.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote