Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 12:56 AM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Lots of new Sci-Fi at the Free Library of Philadelphia

The library just added about 40 new books today, and at least 60% of these are sci-fi -- Isaac Asimov, Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars series, and many others including several short story anthologies.

If you aren't a member and don't live in PA, you can join the library for $15/year. It is well worth it!

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Well worth it, I agree. They've been adding a lot of books lately.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
And I still don't have the card I sent away for 3+ weeks ago....
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
And I still don't have the card I sent away for 3+ weeks ago....
You shouldn't need the card to take out books. When they receive your application and check, they immediately email you with your card number and pin. If you haven't received this email, you should email then and ask if they received your letter.

I've already, um, misplaced the card they mailed me, but am still happily taking out books from the e-library.

-Marcy
Old 05-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #5
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, no emails with card #s and pin #s yet either. Over in the Sony forum someone said they aren't doing emails with card #s anymore.
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
This lady was very helpful and sent me my PIN number by e-mail as I had forgotten what I put in my application form. Perhaps you could contact her to ask about your membership application? My check was cashed 2 weeks after I mailed in my app and I did not receive any e-mail, just the card in the mail sometime after. (I was away and don't know what date the card was delivered.)

Pam Lippincott
Free Library of Philadelphia
Information Technology
1901 Vine Street Room 3
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215-686-7501
pam@freelibrary.org
ngrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
Nope, no emails with card #s and pin #s yet either. Over in the Sony forum someone said they aren't doing emails with card #s anymore.
Hmm. I mailed my application/check on March 19 and received the email with my sign-on info on March 26. I received the card a few days later. The check cleared my bank account on March 31.

If it's been 3 weeks you should really check if they've received your application/check.

-Marcy
Old 05-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

Yes, I think I'm going to have to call when I get home from work on Monday.

Update: so I called the Philly Library last night, and of course, their computer was down. But I see they finally cashed my check yesterday, so the card should be in the mail. They don't seem to be sending out emails with your card # anymore, though.

Last edited by NNolan; 05-25-2010 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Update