Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #31
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvee View Post
I'll let you know when the battery arrives and if it works out as I'm hoping. Bit wary of taking the back off!!
I found that part pretty straightforward.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #32
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I've gone ahead and ordered a battery. I guess I was sick of losing a bar every second day. Luckily they are pretty cheap.
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 01:09 AM   #33
elvee
elvee began at the beginning.

Device: bebook, bebook mini, sony Prs 600, Sony Prs650 Kobo Touch, Kindle Tou
replacement battery for prs-600

My battery arrived yesterday. I haven't swapped batteries over yet, as I am in the middle of a book and don't know if I would lose the page etc?
While I'm here. Has anyone in Oz used the PRS_650? and if so, is it worth getting? I love the Sony, with the touch features, but do find the screen a bit hard at times, apparently the new one is better on the eyes. Any comments? sorry I got off the subject of the battery.
elvee
elvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:29 AM   #34
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
My battery arrived yesterday. I haven't swapped batteries over yet, as I am in the middle of a book and don't know if I would lose the page etc?
While I'm here. Has anyone in Oz used the PRS_650? and if so, is it worth getting? I love the Sony, with the touch features, but do find the screen a bit hard at times, apparently the new one is better on the eyes. Any comments? sorry I got off the subject of the battery.
elvee
You're in the middle of a book, you say?
1) Write down the page you're on. You shouldn't lose your page, but a pinch of precaution won't hurt, right?
2) Shutdown your liseuse. Main menu->More->Settings->Advanced Settings->Device Shutdown->Yes to "Are you sure you want to shutdown the device?"
3) Change over the battery, ensuring you apply double sided tape to the side facing down (towards the display).
4) Give your liseuse a nice long charge using a AC power supply..

Last edited by AprilHare; 03-19-2011 at 02:12 AM. Reason: download -> shutdown
Old 03-19-2011, 01:30 AM   #35
AprilHare
Wizard

I went along to a Sony Store to try out the PRS 650. It may be worth getting however I held out. The screen is less glossy as the touch screen has changed. The new touchscreen i found to be somewhat spasmodically responsive. It indeed may be easier on the eyes.
I want more features though - I can read my PRS-600 just fine

Last edited by AprilHare; 03-19-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Advert
Old 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #36
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I went along to a Sony Store to try out the PRS 650. It may be worth getting however I held out. The screen is less glossy as the touch screen has changed. The new touchscreen i found to be somewhat spasmodically responsive. It indeed may be easier on the eyes.
I want more features though - I can read my PRS-600 just fine
What do you mean by spasmodic? Mine works smoothly and is as responsive as my lcd devices.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:00 AM   #37
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
What do you mean by spasmodic? Mine works smoothly and is as responsive as my lcd devices.
Speaking as I found..
I tried touching words to get definitions, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Spasmodic.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:24 AM   #38
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Speaking as I found..
I tried touching words to get definitions, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Spasmodic.
Hmmm... sounds like an abused demo to me.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #39
AprilHare
Wizard

It had only been there a week or two, and I give liseuses their fair share of punishment too!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #40
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Interesting to hear you can get a 600 battery cheap on Ebay. Let us know if it's any good, plz. Does the 650 use the same battery? Probably not, I guess.

Re: the 650. I sold my 600 because it hurt my eyes and I got the 650. The screen has much better clarity and was significantly easier on my eyes. Still, after a while my eyes got sore again, until I realised I needed a light. Got the Mighty Bright Travel Flex which has solved the problem. Oh, and I use a Bold font, which adds a bit, too.

If you don't already, I recommend using a Bold font on the 600. I imagine it will really help the low contrast.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #41
elvee
elvee began at the beginning.

Device: bebook, bebook mini, sony Prs 600, Sony Prs650 Kobo Touch, Kindle Tou
replacement battery for prs-600

Quote:
You're in the middle of a book, you say?
1) Write down the page you're on. You shouldn't lose your page, but a pinch of precaution won't hurt, right?
2) Shutdown your liseuse. Main menu->More->Settings->Advanced Settings->Device Shutdown->Yes to "Are you sure you want to shutdown the device?"
3) Change over the battery, ensuring you apply double sided tape to the side facing down (towards the display).
4) Give your liseuse a nice long charge using a AC power supply..
Thanks AprilHare for the info. I've hunted around and don't seem to have the required tape. So will get some tomorrow.
elvee
elvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:43 AM   #42
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks AprilHare for the info. I've hunted around and don't seem to have the required tape. So will get some tomorrow.
elvee
You're quite welcome!
My battery has arrived.. from Israel!
Time to get about to installing it..
Old 03-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #43
AprilHare
Wizard

Installed. There seemed to be sticky left after removing it, so I judged no more was needed.
Charging..
Old 04-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #44
AprilHare
Wizard

Went down to two bars today.
Not sure if it's much better..
Old 04-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #45
matute2001
matute2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
matute2001, did you secure it with double sided tape?
Hi, AprilHare, sorry for the delay in my response.
The battery fit perfect in the hole, I don't remember if the case have a
tape in it, and I used it, but the battery don't move at all.

I want to comment too, that the new battery don't have the same capacity that the original, but I don't care that, I considerate a abuse $70 for the original, even Sony don't send the original battery (or any other part to Spain), they tell me that I need to send my Reader to a Sony Official Technical Support, 70$ more the work... no way.

I did fix it in 5 minutes, with a few Euros .

End of the Story

Better choice, buy an used "iPad Vintage", now I can see the diference.
matute2001 is offline   Reply With Quote