Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Creating ePub files

I have a question about using calibre to create ePub files.

If I use a PRC file to generate the ePub the TOC for the ePub is complete.

If I use the HTML to build the ePub, the List of Illustrations is not displayed in the TOC. The Debug toc.ncx files confirm that the List of Illustrations is not seen.

In addition, when displaying the book in ADE, clicking on a List of Illustrations entry from the text display, the display moves the the heading of the chapter which contains the image.

The HTML code for the List of Illustrations is identical to that of the chapter entries.

What am I doing wrong? I'm running Calibre 6.27.

Thanks,
Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...le-of-contents
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Thanks, Kovid.

Set counts to 50 and cured the problem. Also printrd the user manual for quick reference.

Now I have to figure out ADE.

Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
john folkard
john folkard began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
I'm sure whether this should be here or elsewhere but I used Calibre to convert to LFR but had a problem with my 505 in that it used to lose lines at the end of paras. I then converted to EPUB format and have cured this problem.

However, when using tables it puts an extra line space between rows. This apparently is not consistent, as I thought it was when I was using colspan it happened but this is not so. I have used cellpadding=0 and cellspacing=0 in table tag to no effect. Is there any list to what html tags and options that calibre recognises and any thoughts on the above

Regards
John Folkard
Greenhorn novice
john folkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Can you post a sample piece of html that when converted shows this problem?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert