Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Academic library eBook usage surging

e-Books really are getting popular - if you look at students in academic libraries at least. Don't believe me? Check out these stories about the University of Texas at Dallas:

*E-book use on the rise at University of Texas at Dallas–but keep in mind the caveats
"An increase in total online use of e-books by document from 29 percent of print in 2004 to 58 percent in 2005."

* Report: Academic Library eBook Usage Surging
"... the top-circulating ebook was ‘checked out’ 47 times in a month, and the top print book was 1.4 times."

It's a wave of e-book interest and usefulness that can't be stopped!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote