Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
phunkysai
phunkysai began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Can't convert this html doc (attached)

For some reason I can't get Calibre to convert this doc to epub (attached). I have tried both the current version and the beta 0.6 to no avail.

As an aside, when I open the html file in Stanza on the Mac, I get the same result. I can see the book cover, but it has no contents.

If I just open the HTML with Firefox I can see the entire text.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: rar Carrie Ryan - The Forest of Hands and Teeth (html).rar
phunkysai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
siulayhumga
Connoisseur
siulayhumga began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
1. I believe Calibre will try follow each of the URL within the index.html and use it to generate the TOC. In you document there seems to be a lot of unresolveable URL. The command line version has a switch to let you pick how deep to follow the URL but it is not available in the UI.

2. Not sure can Calibre handle PNG or not.
siulayhumga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
This is a rar file. Download a free app to unzip the RAR attachment and try again.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
phunkysai

Yes I know it's a RAR file. That's what I used to archive the contents.

I guess I should have said "The HTML file inside this RAR file does not convert...."
Old 07-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works fine for me with 0.6 what error do you get?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm afraid that I've had to unapprove the attachment because it is a copyright violation. (The book was published in 2009.)
Might I suggest that if it is possible to recreate an error with a public domain book then it is better to post that?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
bmfrosty
Too Maner Secrets
bmfrosty began at the beginning.

Device: Hanline V3 (current) Hanlin V5 (future)
@phunky

I've got a couple of macs here, I'll give it a try if you can pm me the attachment here or on the plex forums. Either I'll duplicate the problem, or but that will give us some good test data.
bmfrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #8
phunkysai

Sorry about posting the book here.

I don't get any errors per se. When Calibre imports the book, it shows as 0.0 mb file size. Then, when I convert it to epub and open it in Stanza it is only showing the cover image and no content after that, as if the text of the book didn't get converted over.

Very strange.

And hello there bmfrosty! :-)
Old 07-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #9
phunkysai

Well tried again with the latest beta and it still imports the html file as 0 mb file, and then converts to a 0 mb epub, which, when opened in stanza, has no content.

I can't figure it out.