Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #61
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkel View Post
I've actually used both in various combinations of trying to get the SDHC card to boot up. Maybe a fault in the SDHC card itself? I'm hesitant about getting another one if it doesn't work. But would like not to be confined to just a 2gb card for WinCE. Thanks for confirming that it should work with the SDHC card, though.
Likely this isn't a problem with the SDHC card.

I've recently discovered the same behavior with my Q7 on two different SDHC cards. In addition, I realized that it will show the multiboot menu from the SDHC cards but only if the Q7 is plugged in to the charger when it boots.

I see the exact same behavior on two SDHC cards, while the two plain SD cards that I tested show the multiboot menu perfectly either plugged in or on battery.

There's a tool at http://bbs.zhiqi.com.cn/ in one of the wince forums that says it helps with this, and says it's in English even, but google translate is being a pain so I can't find it right now. If anyone knows how to download attachments from that forum I'd be willing to test it on my hardware.

edit: found it

Last edited by Houndx; 08-11-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: edit: found it
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #62
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndx View Post
There's a tool at http://bbs.zhiqi.com.cn/ in one of the wince forums that says it helps with this, and says it's in English even, but google translate is being a pain so I can't find it right now. If anyone knows how to download attachments from that forum I'd be willing to test it on my hardware.
I tried downloading files from zhiqi forum but even though I am a registered forum member I still need 'money' in order for me to be able to download stuff! I am guessing you get 'money' by making posts on the forum ? I even tried to make a post using a Babelfish translation to say "Hello from England" but it would not let me post it ???? So I am really stumped.
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #63
Houndx
Groupie

Well, I did some testing today and I don't know that any tool is going to help with it. It just seems like it's a compatibility problem between the Q7 and some SDHC cards. While they work fine for everything else, it simply won't boot from them. The Transcend Class 6 8gb Micro SDHC card that I use in my phone worked fine as a boot device while none of the three Sandisk Extreme III 8gb Class 6 cards worked or the PNY 4gb Class 4.

I've tried two 2gb non-hc SD cards and both worked fine as well.

I've got a Transcend 16gb SDHC card coming from Amazon along with a screen protector for an Asus EEE 701(7" screen) and I'm hoping both of those items work out well. It's Amazon tho, so if it doesn't then I'll just send it back and get another of the 8gb micro cards that I know will work.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #64
Houndx
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nation.A.List View Post
I tried downloading files from zhiqi forum but even though I am a registered forum member I still need 'money' in order for me to be able to download stuff! I am guessing you get 'money' by making posts on the forum ? I even tried to make a post using a Babelfish translation to say "Hello from England" but it would not let me post it ???? So I am really stumped.
Well, I think you have to post here first and that completes a task worth 20 points. Tasks can be found by looking for the stopwatch shortcut on the upper right, the url ends in "doing".

There's more info here about getting points by completing tasks, getting people to visit the forums, etc.

edit: yep, that worked.. the "tool" was just a copy of ghost32.exe from Ghost 8.3

edit: I think the second task is to get someone to go to the forum by following my link and that is worth 100 points.

Last edited by Houndx; 08-11-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 AM   #65
bjkel
Connoisseur
bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Color, Kobo, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndx View Post
Well, I did some testing today and I don't know that any tool is going to help with it. It just seems like it's a compatibility problem between the Q7 and some SDHC cards. While they work fine for everything else, it simply won't boot from them. The Transcend Class 6 8gb Micro SDHC card that I use in my phone worked fine as a boot device while none of the three Sandisk Extreme III 8gb Class 6 cards worked or the PNY 4gb Class 4.

I've tried two 2gb non-hc SD cards and both worked fine as well.

I've got a Transcend 16gb SDHC card coming from Amazon along with a screen protector for an Asus EEE 701(7" screen) and I'm hoping both of those items work out well. It's Amazon tho, so if it doesn't then I'll just send it back and get another of the 8gb micro cards that I know will work.
Thanks for this Houndx, sorry you are having this problem too but I'm glad I'm not alone in it.

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a 4gb sdhc card that they can confirm boots up the multi boot menu on the Smartq7.
bjkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #66
serwei
Enthusiast
serwei began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7
Hi a newbie question: do I need to umount a thumbdrive? and how?
serwei is offline   Reply With Quote