Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
prs700
prs700 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-700
Post Calibre+Sony PRS 700 tags/collections

Hi all,
the only solution for the many PDF docs I have is to arrange them into collections, fortunately calibre does this BUT ...
since I had the PRS 505 and now the PRS 700 the tags/collections I made in calibre may or may not show in the reader, is there any solution for this?

here is the behavior i get :
everything goes smoothly in calibre
then I start transferring the PDFs, about 300 of them, I use a 16 GB SD card in my reader
the first time it was beautiful, all the books and tags/collections showed up in the reader, THEN .. I had to add more books, after the transfer process the collections in the reader were showing as 0

I tried transferring the books in batches, things went smoothly with the first few batches, I looked the third batch in calibre (books in the SD card, and the Tags column for the third batch only was empty, the previous batches where showing the tags) when I started the reader after the third batch all the collections were gone.

really really frustrating and a real waste of time, it takes hours for the books to be transferred and for the reader to process them and start (actually it consumes a bit of the battery in processing)
resetting the device didn't work either

any experts out there who can guide me on what to do

thanks

PRS 700
prs700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Hi, I think you should try your luck in the Calibre forum section, they might be able to help.
Cheers
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert