Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #16
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I have a couple of novel projects on the back burner, one of which almost has a full draft done but needs to be rewritten anyway. My current creative writing efforts have been in the graphic novel area. I have a shoujo-style manga I've been working on (though I haven't had time to update in months), and a short project I've just taken on that's sort of a steampunk Dorothy in Oz ("What? No heart? Toto, find some tin cans. Where did I put my arc welder?")

But these days I spend most of my time writing functional specs, essays for classes, or posts on MR.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #17
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The one in the slush pile - do you have any idea when they might get around to reading/considering it?

Don
Their stated turnaround time is nine to twelve months.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #18
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Baen can take much longer than 9-12 months.

Right now I'm working on a short story revision and considering my next novel, though this year might be more short stories than novel writing. It just depends how things work out.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:36 AM   #19
lo5th0pe
lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
working on a novel that puts a nature vs nurture, reality-bending, super hero twist on a guy that doesn't know who he is.
lo5th0pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #20
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lo5th0pe View Post
working on a novel that puts a nature vs nurture, reality-bending, super hero twist on a guy that doesn't know who he is.
Interesting... Is this in a universe where super powers are the norm, or is he an isolated incident?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #21
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Today I worked on The Ten Dollar Girl which is a story from Tales of the Ragoon. Eleven year old Ricky purchases ten year old Cheryl for 10 dollars from Derrick who was Cheryl's deceased mother's drunken boyfriend. He does so after he is outraged that Derrick and his sons forgot Cheryl's eleventh birthday.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #22
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Although I didn't mention it here, I just finished a 2-day "writing practice" session in the Lounge section, "Steve Jordan interviews the cast of The Lens."

I've done a few of these now, and it's been very enjoyable to see how effectively I can write on-the-fly and still entertain (they seem to go over well). It was also a way to subtly market my upcoming novel (plug, plug!), by providing some insights into the story, setting and characters in a unique way.

My next writing assignment is to prepare the new About Page for the novel The Lens, to be added to my website for the release of the novel. As it turns out, some of your most inventive and creative writing takes place outside of the novel itself!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #23
HarryPigg
Alleged Writer
HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Working on a sequel to my "nursery-rhyme noir" book The Third Pig Detective Agency - which Harper Collins will be releasing as an e-book prior to hardcopy publication in August. As soon as I have the details I'll fire them up on the Freebies forum.
HarryPigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:51 AM   #24
lo5th0pe
lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lo5th0pe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
it's the normal world, and the super powers are more along the lines of direct links to nature. it's the people behind the powers that have to decide how much humanity they have or want to have.
lo5th0pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #25
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Now working on an essay for my site (and possibly Teleread) about the reason e-books have taken so much longer than all other electronic media to develop.

(Doot doo-doot do!)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #26
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Although I didn't mention it here, I just finished a 2-day "writing practice" session in the Lounge section, "Steve Jordan interviews the cast of The Lens."

I've done a few of these now, and it's been very enjoyable to see how effectively I can write on-the-fly and still entertain (they seem to go over well). It was also a way to subtly market my upcoming novel (plug, plug!), by providing some insights into the story, setting and characters in a unique way.

It's the way you tell 'em ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #27
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Currently working on a story about a swimmer in an international, sometime in the future, cross-ocean race. And also a short about a technician on the moon pining for the seasons of earth.

Last edited by Moejoe; 02-27-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #28
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
And also a short about a technician on the moon pining for the seasons of earth.
Moejoe
Love this idea.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #29
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by morriss003 View Post
Moejoe
Love this idea.
It'll be included in the Mobile-Read Special edition of The Song of Insects along with some other shorts. The title is: Not So Much a Season.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #30
Jayne
Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jayne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Vadas

I've just finished the final edit on Vadas, a vampire novel to be published in April. It's through Wild Child Publishing as an ebook. Pick up a copy.

Also, if you'd like to get up close and personal with Celic before the second book of the sequel comes out, he's on sale now at several locations. (not an ebook though).

You can check out my books at [promotional link removed - MODERATORl]
while will direct you to several other sites. You'll love him.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-05-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote