Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-01-2009, 04:53 AM   #1
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
looking for a English/Russian dictionary

Bought my girlfriend a cybook for her birthday and want to install a dictionary since she is learning english. Any recommendations?

thanks,

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:34 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you checked out what's available at MobiPocket? Their prices are high, but it's the best site for checking out what's available. Once you find something, you can look at the other Mobi stores to find better prices.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

I checked mobipocket.com and mobipocket.ru. They have one (1!) single russian dictionary and that is esperanto - russian...
I am trying now to create my own dictionary from a stardict file- so far without success.

Thanks for your input,

kaas
Old 02-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Try
Code:
http://www.the-ebook.org/rus/
and their forums, maybe you'll find something useful there or you can try posting your question there.
I forgot, the site is in russian but google translate is your friend here.

Last edited by Abelturd; 02-02-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: forgetfulness
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

thanks,

a translation is not neccessary
I have found dictionaries for the reb and 505, but no mobi dictionaries there...

cheers,
kaas
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

I have created my own english-russian dictionary based on a http://www.freelang.net/ dictionary file. If somebody wants it, just holler!

cheers,
kaas
Old 02-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
I've got to say that your post got my attention and I started looking for some dictionary files I could use to whip me up a mobi dictionary and honestly it was half an hour job till I got myself a dictionary in mobi format, so I dropped by to see how you're doing in your quest but I see you're fixed all right.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

Which file did you use? is it any good?
I would gladly try out another dictionary.

cheers,
kaas
Old 02-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

Added the dictionaries if anybody wants them.

Dictionary.zip is a dictionary for the sony 505 made from the data of the "V.K. Mueller Dictionary (7th Edition)" (it was not created by me, but the sourcefile is freely -and legally- available on the net).

The mobi dictionary file is from freelang, modified into a mobi file by me.

cheers,
kaas
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dictionary.zip (3.12 MB, 1017 views)
File Type: prc English-Russian dictionary.prc (1.47 MB, 1021 views)

Last edited by kaas; 02-02-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:29 AM   #10
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
Added the dictionaries if anybody wants them.

Dictionary.zip is a dictionary for the sony 505 made from the data of the "V.K. Mueller Dictionary (7th Edition)" (it was not created by me, but the sourcefile is freely -and legally- available on the net).

The mobi dictionary file is from freelang, modified into a mobi file by me.

cheers,
kaas
505 file...it is not LRF....how do you use it?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:55 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Someone wrote a standalone "dictionary" program for the 505, astra. I'd guess that this is a dictionary file for that. You'll find information about it in the 505 forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:34 AM   #12
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Someone wrote a standalone "dictionary" program for the 505, astra. I'd guess that this is a dictionary file for that. You'll find information about it in the 505 forum.
Ah, the one you need to use a memory card for? Then, yes, I remember.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #13
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

Astra,

I got it from the following thread:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...ght=dictionary

If you need a translation of how to use it, I certainly can do that (but I assume you speak russian?)
Old 02-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #14
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
Astra,

I got it from the following thread:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...ght=dictionary

If you need a translation of how to use it, I certainly can do that (but I assume you speak russian?)
No.
Yes.

I thought you have done something brand new
Old 11-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #15
lemunichois
lemunichois began at the beginning.

Device: none
German-Russian dictionary for a Sony PRS-650?...

Hello kaas,

by now you must have become an expert in the subject so may I ask you if you have any clues as to how to install a German-Russian dictionary on a Sony PRS-650? I can see you're in Germany and not unfamiliar with both the Russian language or Sony readers, so guess as far as my question goes this is a perfect combination...
lemunichois is offline   Reply With Quote