Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
dpatten
dpatten began at the beginning.

Device: none
Aloha Converting azw to mp3

My first posting. I would appreciate any suggestions from any of you good people.
I am learning disabled so I can read some but basically a non functional reader I need to fallow along when I listen to some books particularly technical books with figures and graphs.
I’m thinking I might be able to do that with the Kindle with some modifications.
If I can find a way to convert the Amazon file types .AZW to a .txt, .doc, html, or some others I can convent them to mp3’s through my voice synthesizer. Then I can load it onto the Kindle and play the mp3 while looking at the book.
Any Idea’s?
Mahalo
dpatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatten View Post
My first posting. I would appreciate any suggestions from any of you good people.
I am learning disabled so I can read some but basically a non functional reader I need to fallow along when I listen to some books particularly technical books with figures and graphs.
I’m thinking I might be able to do that with the Kindle with some modifications.
If I can find a way to convert the Amazon file types .AZW to a .txt, .doc, html, or some others I can convent them to mp3’s through my voice synthesizer. Then I can load it onto the Kindle and play the mp3 while looking at the book.
Any Idea’s?
Mahalo
You would need to remove the DRM... once you do that you can pull out the html using mobi2oeb...

You will need mobidedrm to do this. Also, you will need kindlepid.py to get the PID of your kindle in order to use it to remove DRM.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
dpatten
dpatten began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you pilotbob!
I will buy the Kindle then and give it a try.
Mahalo
dp
dpatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi dpatten and welcome to da kine Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote