Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghdalena View Post
First, I'm kinda attached to a program that I can't use on Windows 10-PrintMaster Platinum 18. It uses the 1.1 net framework which with jumping through a few hoops, I can install on Windows 7. Windows 10, not so much from what I've read, and hoping to be able to use it with the XP mode. I am planning to get Windows 10 on another partition.
Problem solved. Just buy the current version and you'll be able to use it with Windows 10.

http://www.printmaster.com/
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:29 AM   #17
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Yep, this needs to go for a warranty replacement/repair. The charging port can get loose, I've had this happen on a Voyage of mine, it would only charge then the cable was held at a certain angle.

There are third-party sites that will repair this, but if you have a warranty then this is what it is for. It will only get worse so get it fixed now.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2017, 07:07 PM   #18
Maghdalena
Maghdalena began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[QUOTE=barryem;3451057]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghdalena View Post

A friend bought a Square Trade 2 year warranty on a tablet and the tablet died a week before the warranty ended. She called Square Trade, sent the tablet to them and she had her replacement in less than a week. When she got it she'd already bought a new model so I ended up with her replacement in a trade and it's been fine. It's probably refurbished but there's no sign that it is. It came in a new box with all the accessories.

They asked no questions. They simply sent the replacement. They're a good company.

Barry

Thanks, Barry. I waited to see if it straightened out, but it just got worse, so I called SquareTrade, and they sent me a new Kindle. As far as refurbished, I don't know. It said all-new Kindle, but Generation 7. So now all I have to do is get a black felt tip marker to cross out the tracking number, and send tape to afix the labels, and I can send the old one back to Amazon. I use the 3 G, as I don't have wireless. I deregistered it though. My new Kindle works great! Thanks to all for your help and recommendations.
Maghdalena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recharging port