Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #36796
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I doubt my experience will ever be as exciting as yours. I've planned the basic day, which involves reading, writing, music production, research, meditation, couponing, and a bit of mild exercise.....
You can't base the concept by trying to match your 'Full Life' reel against my 'Highlight' reel. I do just as much sitting, reading, watching the world as everyone else. The only difference is that I find excitement in all that. I get as excited going into Wal-Mart or a new supermarket as I do exploring an ancient temple or Malaysian street market. To quote one of the worlds most boring famous writers; "The voyage of discovery is not in traveling to new lands. It's in seeing with new eyes." (That might be the best line in all his works...) For example, I came home yesterday fairly bursting with the news; "Hey! I found French's Chilli-O packets in the new shopping mall!" Be still, my heart!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #36797
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
"For example, I came home yesterday fairly bursting with the news; "Hey! I found French's Chilli-O packets in the new shopping mall!" Be still, my heart! "

Simple pleasures for simple minds, eh? That's how to enjoy life!
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #36798
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
...I get as excited going into Wal-Mart or a new supermarket as I do exploring an ancient temple or Malaysian street market. To quote one of the worlds most boring famous writers; "The voyage of discovery is not in traveling to new lands. It's in seeing with new eyes."...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
"For example, I came home yesterday fairly bursting with the news; "Hey! I found French's Chilli-O packets in the new shopping mall!" Be still, my heart! "

Funny you two should mention shopping. I'm getting really excited about bargain hunting in the supermarket. It's becoming quite a game. Yesterday I bought $300 worth of food for which I paid $200 after coupons and store discounts. Our pantry is quite full. A freezer is going to be the first thing I buy when my full annuity checks start coming, and I even find that exciting. (The government can be slow getting that first full annuity check out, but once they start arriving they do so on a regular basis. Plus; all monies delayed are paid back with interest. )
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #36799
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You bet! The simpler the better! I ain't rich, but I'm happy!

Quote:
Funny you two should mention shopping. I'm getting really excited about bargain hunting in the supermarket. It's becoming quite a game. Yesterday I bought $300 worth of food for which I paid $200 after coupons and store discounts. Our pantry is quite full. A freezer is going to be the first thing I buy when my full annuity checks start coming, and I even find that exciting.
Having a chest freezer means you can buy hindquarters of beef, sides of pork and lamb, etc., etc., and take advantage of the 'specials' that the big butchers offer when purchasing hindquarters and sides. Besides cutting to order, wrapping and freezing, often they throw in 10lbs of hot dogs, 20 broiler chickens, 10lbs of breakfast sausage and other assorted goodies. BIIIG savings if your are a big meat eater. These days I don't eat so much meat, but years ago when living in the States, I always kept my freezer filled with this way of shopping. One side of the freezer for meats, and the other side for the veggies we grew in our garden. Great way to stretch the dollar!

Stitchawl
Old 12-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #36800
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can't sleep so I decided to start watching a new show: The Walking Dead ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:41 AM   #36801
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
You bet! The simpler the better! I ain't rich, but I'm happy!

Having a chest freezer means you can buy hindquarters of beef, sides of pork and lamb, etc., etc., and take advantage of the 'specials' that the big butchers offer when purchasing hindquarters and sides. Besides cutting to order, wrapping and freezing, often they throw in 10lbs of hot dogs, 20 broiler chickens, 10lbs of breakfast sausage and other assorted goodies. BIIIG savings if your are a big meat eater. These days I don't eat so much meat, but years ago when living in the States, I always kept my freezer filled with this way of shopping. One side of the freezer for meats, and the other side for the veggies we grew in our garden. Great way to stretch the dollar!

Stitchawl
And ALWAYS get a chest freezer unless it is to be a second freezer! I very stupidly let a salesman talk me into an upright when my chest freezer abruptly and expensively failed. Certainly in the top one hundred bad decisions in my life, quite possibly higher if I was too really scrutinize.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #36802
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
And ALWAYS get a chest freezer unless it is to be a second freezer! I very stupidly let a salesman talk me into an upright when my chest freezer abruptly and expensively failed. Certainly in the top one hundred bad decisions in my life, quite possibly higher if I was too really scrutinize.
Why a chest?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:43 AM   #36803
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Why a chest?
Every time you open the door, all the cold air floods out towards the floor. That doesn't happen with a chest freezer. Plus, more usable space in a chest freezer. Much more economical all around.

Stitchawl
Old 12-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #36804
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Every time you open the door, all the cold air floods out towards the floor. That doesn't happen with a chest freezer. Plus, more usable space in a chest freezer. Much more economical all around.

Stitchawl
Of course. Thanks, Stitch. I knew there was a reason I wanted a chest, despite the best efforts of a friend at work to get me to buy an upright.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #36805
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Of course. Thanks, Stitch. I knew there was a reason I wanted a chest, despite the best efforts of a friend at work to get me to buy an upright.
Hey, I've been a chest man ever since I can remember...

Stitchawl
Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #36806
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:

Stitchawl
Snicker snort
Old 12-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #36807
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:

Stitchawl
How did I know that was going to come up here sometime...?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:14 AM   #36808
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
How did I know that was going to come up here sometime...?
Don't knock it. As far as fetishes go, it's one of the most socially acceptable ones. And unless one lives in Asia, one of the easiest to satisfy.

(Note to self: I REALLY should be living in Israel or Italy...)

Stitchawl
Old 12-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #36809
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Or Germany even!

Just realized that it is down to nineteen degrees out. It's almost five a.m. trying to decide whether to go to a seven a.m. meeting that's about a half hour away. Right now my warm bed and cuddly kitties are winning the decision making process. I'm still in recovery mode from a day. long (three events) holiday festival we had downtown on Saturday
Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #36810
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Trying to decide which tv series I want to watch tonight. The last season of Fringe, or the first of Arrow or Breathless or shall I finally finish the second half of the first season of Revolution. Or I can choose to decide tomorrow and watch a movie tonight.

BTW, does anyone has any recommendations about documentary (series)? I've nearly finished Time Team. I love history documentaries but I also enjoyed The Tube, Chinese School or ones about crime.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?