Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #16
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavtronic View Post
Hi all,

I think I have bricked my Kobo Aura HD too...
How can I open my Kobo Aura HD (do you have a tuto or a video?) and how rebuilt the SD card image?

Thank you for your help!
Xavier
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122

It works for all the Kobos with internal SD cards.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #17
xavtronic
xavtronic began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Hi,

Thank for your help.

I am sur it is brick. Can you send me a working SD Card Image for ma Aura HD please?

Best regards,
Xavier
Advert
Old 03-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Xavier: PM sent.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #19
Picoleh
Picoleh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi! I need this SD image...
But my Kobo Aura does not turn off. What do I do?
Old 05-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoleh View Post
Hi! I need this SD image...
But my Kobo Aura does not turn off. What do I do?
Won't turn off? Sliding and holding the power switch for a few seconds should shut it down. It that isn't working, holding it for 20 seconds will force a power off. But, in this case the screen won't get updated and will continue to show whatever was om the screen. After that you should be able to turn it on.

And in case it still doesn't work, I have sent you a PM.
Advert
Old 05-10-2014, 06:06 AM   #21
alzuhair
alzuhair began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Need the image
Could someone send it to me?
Old 05-10-2014, 06:19 AM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #23
alzuhair
alzuhair began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thank you very much

you brought my kobo to the life
Old 05-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #24
giododa
Connoisseur
giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
There is no way to create an image of AuraHd without opening the device?
It seems to me there was a thread dealing about… but i can't remember where I saw it.
I'd like to have a copy of the image just in case.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

From memory, the thread you are thinking of copied the contents of the rootfs partition to the SD card. I don't think that doesn't produces anything that can be used to get the device going again. The complete card needs to be copied as there are three partitions plus the uBoot and kernel.

I've sent a PM with a link to the Aura HD image I have.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #26
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hello, could I have the Image-sd AuraHD please ?
Old 06-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 06-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #28
marchmarch
marchmarch began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD
Need internal SD image to restore Aura HD. Can someone send me a PM with link?
Old 06-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:17 AM   #30
jimi2630
jimi2630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi,
My Kobo Aura HD got stuck on the welcome screen after I did the 3.3.0 update. It was as if the touch screen wasn't working anymore. I tried resetting it to factory settings all night but that didn't work out. It seems to be working again now, although I can't tell why. I think the memory (ROM) is having issues after doing some stuff with Android. So I would need to reset the ROM; if you could send me the file Kobo aura HD SD card image for that it would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jean
Closed Thread