Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
KOBO MINI SD CARD QUERY.

Somebady says they opened the kobo mini and found a2 gb micro sd card or sd card.

they also say the operating system is also store on this card which has 2 partitions.

1 gb is used for the operating system with 1 gb for books left over.

question is if i buy the kobo mini and want to place more than a thousand books
can i clone this 2gb card and replace with a 4 gb or 8 or 16gb card.

i would have to clone the sd card and its partitions and then expand the unallocated space.

is this possible?

Has anyone done it?

i know you can buy the kobo glo with a sd card slot but i prefer the kobo mini because of it pocket size.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I remember seeing that someone did this and explained how, when the Mini first came out... Have you done a search of the threads?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
Redjack443
Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Redjack443 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Mini
Try here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200703

I have tried it with a Class 10 16GB MicroSDHC and it works, but I changed it back because a) I don't have enough books to fill it up the original card and b) I found no noticeable increase in responsiveness.

Also, make sure that you don't wipe or write to the original MicroSD. That way you always have a fallback in case something goes wrong.

Happy reading!
Redjack443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I remember seeing that someone did this and explained how, when the Mini first came out... Have you done a search of the threads?
it is impossible to do a search as random stuff comes up unrelated to the query.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
vugtitan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjack443 View Post
Try here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200703

I have tried it with a Class 10 16GB MicroSDHC and it works, but I changed it back because a) I don't have enough books to fill it up the original card and b) I found no noticeable increase in responsiveness.

Also, make sure that you don't wipe or write to the original MicroSD. That way you always have a fallback in case something goes wrong.

Happy reading!
that article is based on using linux unfortunately.

very few people can use linux command line and are flummoxed by it.

is there a windows based tutorial using windows software?
Advert
Old 05-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
that article is based on using linux unfortunately.

very few people can use linux command line and are flummoxed by it.

is there a windows based tutorial using windows software?
Have a look at this post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
Weessies
Weessies began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch mini
I did it with my new Mini and an ICIDU 16Gb Micro SD, following the instructions posted here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...47&postcount=1. Works like a charm and was 5-minute task.
Weessies is offline   Reply With Quote