Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free and bargain romances in October 2012

Wishing all of you a nice October with lots of autumn sunshine!

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and occasionally recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Free @ Smashwords (multi-format)

Midnight Marriage by Lucinda Brant

Quote:
Set in the opulent world of the 18th century aristocracy and inspired by real events, Midnight Marriage is the standalone second book in the acclaimed Roxton family saga.

Two noble teenagers are married against their will. Drugged, Deb has no recollection of events. Disgraced, Julian is banished to the Continent. Nine years later, Deb falls in love with a wounded duelist, only to later discover it is her husband returned incognito! Can Deb forgive his cruel deception? Can their marriage survive beyond seduction? Meanwhile, Julian’s nemesis plots to destroy them both…

With witty prose and a deft palette of historical detail, Lucinda Brant delivers another lavish 18th century experience in her trademark style: Heart-wrenching drama with a happy ending.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Samhain freebie for the first half of the month is Heat of Passion by Elle Kennedy (#2 in the Out of Uniform Series)

Amazon | B&N
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
apesmom
Wizard

Here's a freebie from Medallion Press with the most anti-romance cover I may have ever seen.

Blaze of Lightning, Roar of Thunder by Helen A. Rosburg Kindle | B&N

Quote:
Louisa Rodriguez is in the desert gathering fuel when the scalp hunters come, massacre her family and all the people of her village, shoot her, and leave her for dead. After regaining consciousness, she buries the people she loves, strips off her bloody clothes, and walks naked into the mountains, where she sheds all traces of her former identity—except for the hatred she feels towards the scalpers. In the western wilderness, she meets horse wrangler Ring Crossman, who names her Blaze and falls in love with her, knowing that all her heart seeks is revenge. When their path crosses with the vengeful Bane, a destructive storm consumes them all.

Last edited by apesmom; 10-01-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Here's one a freebie from Medallion Press with the most anti-romance cover I may have ever seen.

Blaze of Lightning, Roar of Thunder by Helen A. Rosburg Kindle | B&N
Working Amazon link...
http://www.amazon.com/Blaze-Lightnin...oar+of+Thunder
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
apesmom
Wizard

Kindle Freebie

A Man Called Blue by E.C. Sheedy aka Carole Dean (previously published by Zebra in 1997)

Quote:
Simone Doucet, a woman caught between her own ambition and loyalty to her boss, her ruthless mother, is determined to prove herself during a critical business trip to London. That means staying focused, efficient, and predatory.

But when a last minute staff change places a man called Blue at the hatch of her private jet moments before she's scheduled for takeoff, Simone's focus starts to blur.

Thomas Bludell opted out of the corporate game years ago. He knows how it plays, knows the rules—or lack of them—and doesn't want any part of it. This trip to London, and taking orders from a female corporate shark, is a favor to a friend nothing more.

Trouble is Blue isn't good at taking orders.

What Blue is good at is seduction.

Last edited by apesmom; 10-01-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Sale $1.99 for October. (Reg. $3.99)

Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley
Series: Colorado Mountain Series 03
Genre: Temporary Romance

You should read Sweet Dreams before this to get the full picture but it can work as a stand alone. Ty is an Extreme Alpha. If you have problems with these types of heroes you've been warned.

Sale $1.99 for October:

Shield's Lady by Jayne Ann Krentz
Series: Lost Colony 03
Genre: Sci-Fi Romance (Futuristic)
Former Publisher: Warner (1996)

Sale $0.99 for October:

Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton
Genre: Young Adult Romance
Note: I'm currently reading this through the Lending program.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-01-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
The Samhain freebie for the first half of the month is Heat of Passion by Elle Kennedy (#2 in the Out of Uniform Series)

Amazon | B&N
https://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/el...00000000328632
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Did anyone else renew their DANL membership? My credits only increased by 1 rather than 6. Wondering if I should email them or if I have to use the initial 6 up before the count displays correctly.

I got the Wedding in Apple Grove book for this month's pick.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jennifer Blake has several of her back list on sale at the moment. All are Historical. Written From the late 70s to 80s. They are non edited unlike like some authors who are trying modernize their books, these remain in their true form.

KDP Select $0.99

The Louisiana History Collection
Louisiana Plantation Collection

Last edited by Blossom; 10-01-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
And if you happen to read italian, by the same author - La sposa di salt hendon (Salt Bride) at Smashwords.

Quote:
Free @ Smashwords (multi-format)

Midnight Marriage by Lucinda Brant
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Did anyone else renew their DANL membership? My credits only increased by 1 rather than 6. Wondering if I should email them or if I have to use the initial 6 up before the count displays correctly.

Mine only shows 1 I believe they are only adding the credit at the beginning of each month now.

I still don't know what to get. Apple Grove looks good but her last series wasn't all that great.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post

I renewed mine since mid-September and it's also showing only 1 available credit, but then I've already used up all 6 credits from my initial membership run. If you have unused credits from before, you should probably send them an email to get it sorted out.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #14
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I still don't know what to get. Apple Grove looks good but her last series wasn't all that great.
Same here; been thinking of getting A Wedding in Apple Grove also but I don't like what you're saying about her last series. It's early still but I may just bank my credit; can't work up much interest in the other selections.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Same here; been thinking of getting A Wedding in Apple Grove also but I don't like what you're saying about her last series. It's early still but I may just bank my credit; can't work up much interest in the other selections.
I don't know what to get either....

Spoiler:
My biggest problem with her first book Tyler was the lack of describing the characters movements. Like one minutes they were lying in bed and the next doing it up against the door but it never mentioned how they got there and you'd have to piece it together yourself. Or my favorite scene They go to a restaurant sit down, order drinks, talk to the owner then to themselves and leave. No words describing them actually drinking or paying for it. The book was so full of dialogue and tons of minor details that I consider filler but lacked descriptive words on what the characters were doing.

There was also words missing in sentences like the or and...etc. Simple words that caused derailment because you were like did I read that right? It was like one chapter was edited okay but then you would get to the next chapter and the problems started all over again.

My problem with the second is the owner who owns Guilty Pleasure who also has a back room full of Adult Items does not coincide with the Heroine's personality who seems somewhat shy and not someone who would own an Adult store. I think it would take a special outgoing gal to run one in that small of a town but Ronnie is from up north. I think it was Boston and from an Italian family. So it's not very believable.

Some of the town's people want the shop gone and they are showed in the negative as the evil people throughout the series. The author's writing isn't what I say bad but I do think with some polish and reediting it could actually be pretty good and believable.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-01-2012 at 09:01 PM.